You are here

gotta vent

doglover1's picture

I try not to complain and blog to much cus i dont have too many problems.....plus i feel that i should share more of my experience with the others and dont. But tonight i really gotta share. Recently (recession crap) I have taken on yet another part time job..so now i work 4 jobs...all total i work 65 hours per week..with crapola pay..but i manage to pay bills and live. Any way we have full custody of 2 kids and its SUPPOSED to be EOW but its not...I NEED A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant take it another day.....laundry work clean etc etc.........frig........Im off this sat after noon and sunday and now my dad broke up with his girl friend and he needs me (swell more people that need) so any way i just want time for me........_anyway....just needed to share that......love this site

littlegrlzx4's picture

You poor thing. Of course your exhausted. Working at 4 jobs and them coming home to take care of the house, family and everything else. Can you sneak away for an hour to go have coffee somewhere and stare at a wall? Can you treat yourself to a movie and be alone in the dark? Seriously, find a way to spend a few hours decompressing or you'll get sick, more stressed out and won't be able to keep up.
(HUGS)

secondwife20's picture

It must be frustrating to work so many hours and not get a single break... no time for yourself. Sad *hugs* I would definitely try to give yourself a whole day. Tell everyone that doglover1 needs a break... no calls unless someone is dying. No texting. No nada!

Littlegriz is right... if you don't find a way to relax, all that stress is going to build up and you'll get sick.

doglover1's picture

Well I talked to DH last nite and he said he would make sure that BM takes skids. Today it looks that way, so she says so far. So sunday is my day to rest..if she doesnt take skids..I have a back up plan to go to my girlfriends on sat nite...

frustratedinMA's picture

I am sorry to hear that there is no time for you. That is wrong. Glad to hear you have an out for Sunday!!

BorBor's picture

Im not good at this but my sister is great,, she schedules her time for herself, mandatory..She goes for a manicure or a movie or locks the door to her room watches a chick flick...with a martini
She considers it like another part time job, or an appointment and if she is needed...she is OUT everyone has to wait for her return.
She has 3 boys babysits 2 and works at home.money is tight.

You need to learn to say.." Im not available at that time" easier said then done, but it works and her family respects her for it.
Laundry will pile, but you need to say no once in while and get out..you will be the better for it..and the diry clothes can wait.
Every Sunday if your off...schedule 12-3..Your time .and let everyone get use to it. especially DH
Like I said it takes time, but I would never callme sister on her time...she out...she may call me to gossip..but I have to wait when she is out..
Try that I hope it works for you

melis070179's picture

You really need to take an afternoon every week to do what YOU want to do, and also an afternoon or evening with just you & your hubby...you're a better wife, parent, friend and daughter when you are a happy person, tell everyone else to look at it as an investment!

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"