You are here

Ugh BM you suck

may927's picture

I don't complain much about BM on here because after reading other people's experiences, I know I don't have it that bad.  However, she is really annoying me lately.  Her refusal to either work at all or only work part time is just absurd.  Mind you, she  has a graduate degree, though it mostly useless because as usual, she never really followed through in using it.  She mostly nannies at this point when she actually is working. 

We live in a very expensive city and she has been lucky to find a large 3 bedroom apartment thats she's lived in for years (in a nice neighborhood) that she only pays $1000 a month for, because it's subsidized by a church for low income families.   At this point, it would probably go for $4000 if it were just rented out without the subsidy.  She's breaking the rules too bc only one kid is left living with her.  

So she's always into whatever new fad is going on.  For the past few months it's protesting.  She goes twice a day (bringing SD 20 and SD 15 with her).  She does not work at all.  We have 50/50, but in this state we still have to pay child support.  $460 a month for the one remaining kid under 18.  She told my husband she won't let our "capitalist society dictate what she should be doing" and that it's none of our business whether she works or not, to which my husband replied that it is our business while we are having to pay her money.  What nerve this woman has.  She thinks she's a social justice warrior princess (i call her this sarcastically) and meanwhile she's milking the system since she also has free health insurance from the state, and us always applying for whatever break she can get due to her low income.  This is a woman who pushed to have all these kids yet refuses to take responsibility.  She regularly complains about having to split other expenses with us.  She posts shit on FB admonishing others for not protesting every day.  Uh hello some of us have to work you idiot.  
I don't know how we all do it.  My skids aren't that bad but I still cannot wait until SD 15 is out of my house and we never need to pay her lazy, boundary-less, loser mother a cent.  Countdown begins 2 years and ten months to go.  Ugh the life of a step parent so often just sucks.   Thanks for letting me rant.  

Rags's picture

Start prepping for the 15yos launch and cuttiung BM off from any subsidy from your marital resources.

Make it epic!  

And have fun.

Diablo