You are here

What would your DH/SO do?

Thisisnotus's picture

So if you've read any of my posts you will see that SD12 (almost 13) will not sleep at our house. It's just a huge inconvenience to my household to have DH running her back and forth to BMs......on a good day it's an hour round trip.....

So here is my question......

SD has no issue going on vacation with us for an entire week...ever...we have been on many.....we leave tomorrow for vacation for a week and it's the same ol song and dance tonight....SD has to go to BMs and BM will bring her back by 7 am tomorrow. They are always late of course.

at what point should DH stop the bullshit....and just tell her to stay here the night before vacations or she can't go....she isn't a 5 year old....she's in 7th grade.

I know I need to just stop the vacations..... because I'm usually pissed off before we leave because of this crap.

what would your DHs/SOs do? I know mine would never so I don't even know why I bother posting this. Lol 

Thank the ever loving good lord that DH and his brats are driving in a separate car from me and my kids!!!!! 

notsurehowtodeal's picture

Mine would never have let this dynamic begin - and I have no idea why your DH lets it continue. That being said, my DH would tell her she either spends the night with you the night before vacation, or she doesn't go on the vacation. Choices have consequences, and if she chooses not to stay with you the night before, the consequence is she does not go on vacation.

tog redux's picture

Mine wouldn't have agreed to her not spending nights - and if she refused to spend nights, he would not drive her back and forth, he'd make BM do it or not get her at all. Then he'd take it to court, most likely, to force BM to comply. And finally if he couldn't change that dynamic with any of the above efforts, he would not take her on any vacations. And most importantly, he would ask her why she's able to stay the night on vacation but not otherwise?  But isn't it your DH who runs upstairs to change out of his work clothes upon Precious's demand that he do so before she gets there?

This is a hopeless situation. He's going to cater to her and she's going to be a giant entitlement monster as a result. I'd start with not going on vacation this year.

Thisisnotus's picture

Yes he has done that once recently and still jokes like it was cute. BARF!!!!

SD was perfect all week on vacay......the moment we walked back in the house today she is back to whining and stalking DH. Like she flips a switch....

I do wish he had the balls to just simply ask her that what question about why she can't stay here without having a nervous breakdown but can vacay like the happiest kid on earth.

ITB2012's picture

He'd stop if you just left for vacation (or anything) on time without him and SD. Leave them there, let them show up late, or miss the plane. Whatever. It may end up being a huge fight but if you change your behavior he may change his. 

Rags's picture

A 12yo "won't" sleep at dad's house?  Really?  Since when does a 12yo dictate to be taken back to BM during dad's COd visitation time?  Never IMHO.

Time for daddy to find his parental testicular fortitude and to put his foot firmly on the hind quarters of both BM and his daughter. The 12yo does what she is told do to when she is told to do it and BM gets nailed with a contempt motion if she interferes in his COd time with his daughter.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rags's picture

Poor kid.