You are here

And the Games Begin

Disillusioned's picture

YSD let DH & I know she's planing a visit home beginning late June

My first thought was; if she's coming home after all this time and in the month of June you would think she would have wanted to see DH on or around Father's Day. 

Nope. And I bet she will however make sure to spend it with her FIL instead, and make sure we know that she had a wonderful time seeing her FIL on Father's Day instead (the same FIL she used to dispise and complain about) 

I asked her what days during the time frame she's here that she plans to get together. I want to know so I can plan my life during that time avoiding her nonsense LOL

She makes sure to send on the same group message (to her, DH & I) that she started this conversation, how she would like to know my work schedule as she'll work around it

Please! 

Makes herself look good and I'm sure DH is already thinking wow how nice of YSD, when I know it's only to get that very reaction and she will have a slew of games up her sleeve to lash out me, while looking all sweet and innocent at the same time even begining now and she hasn't even arrived yet 

She also added that she would be spending the first part of the trip with OSD, BM, etc... because she wants to see OSD's daughter's dance recital. Of course one of the many things in DH's other grandaughter's life he is excluded from, as OSD doesn't speak to us and that includes withholding sgkids, so this of course hurts DH to hear about OSGD's event

Let the games begin! 

hereiam's picture

I asked her what days during the time frame she's here that she plans to get together. I want to know so I can plan my life during that time avoiding her nonsense

she would like to know my work schedule as she'll work around it

Just tell her, "Oh, no need to do that, I was just curious."

By asking her what her plans were, you gave her the opportunity to turn it around.

CajunMom's picture

Reply as hereiam suggested. No need to know her schedule or for her to know yours. Plan your life accordingly and if she fits in, good. And if not, still good. Being non-chalant about her visit will send the message...you are fine seeing her or not seeing her. 

I made my first move in my "situation." Haven't seen DHs kids in 4+ years.  I made the offer for his youngest to visit  with GF and grand kid (to DH). Told him I'd cook. He made the call. His son accepted. The date changed due to baby being sick and then we were traveling. They ended up visiting DH when I was not at home (on a girl get away). Perfect for me. I sent my regards through DH, telling them I'd see them next time.

People who make us miserable do not deserve scheduled time in our lives. While DHs youngest was the least of my problems and was very much manipuated by the older siblings and BM, he still has work to do to restore our relationship. He simply does not have the "tools" so if the time comes I am home when he visits, it'll be "Grey Rock" behavior from me. Nothing more than speaking to a stranger at a sporting event, grocery store, etc. 

Best to you!