You are here

Stepdaughter and Her BM from Hell...Is it time to pack it in?

Readytogiveup's picture

DH and I have been married 19 years. Each of us came with baggage. Him a daughter from his marriage to a blood sucker - who went on welfare inspite of getting $400 a week yes a week child support, me a son from a relationship with a alcoholic - thankfully we never married. SD is 8 years older than my son. Every opportunity she and her druggie mother have had to trash DH or me they did it. In spite of all of their drama including Social Services investigations because SD didn't attend school, DH and I made our marriage work. SD droped out of HS - only nerds go to school according to Mommy Dearest. Fastfoward to 2001. SD gets pregnant- she gets fired from one job for stealing money. Mommy Dearest encourages her to get pregnant at 19yrs old - after all Mommy Dearest got pregnant at 16. Father of baby takes off for parts unknown. She goes on welfare - because according to Mommy Dearest she's earned the right to have the State support her and her child - makes NO attempt to file for child support. 2002 another child comes along father unknown- she gets fired from another job for not showing up because she had her period. Next she was living in a welfare motel where she met a "so-called minister" almost 2X her age. She has 2 more kids with him. He winds up in jail for armed robbery 15-25 yrs. She now has 4 mouths to feed, no job no education. Son went to therapy in order to deal with her drama growing up with her. He is so done with DH that he doesn't want to come around to see DH.

After an extended absence (3+ yrs) from the family, like a bad penny she is back. At 32 yrs old, her kids are in foster care - duh - no job no education, no attempt to look for a job! DH of course didn't tell me all of this but dumped this on my now 24 yr old son. She has never thanked me for any kindness I have ever done for her- though she always reminds me that I am NOT her mother - I bought her clothes when she got her first job, hair cuts, Disney vacations,etc. - as she said "that was expected of me because her father and I are "rich". I am so done with her drama in our lives - as long as she can con Daddy into buying her ciggarettes and groceries she does and he like an idiot feels sorry for her. I am ready to throw in the towel with DH. He insists on getting battered by her snarky remarks of how he is "rich" and a pinhead for having a job. She of course is Robin Hood. I gave him an ultimatium last night marriage counseling or divorce. I can't stand it anymore. Am I the only one that sees through this soap opera?

I got a good one's picture

All I can say is - WOW. You poor thing. That's a lot of drama. I don't know how you've made it this long. Marriage counseling/therapy sounds like a great idea. I hope your DH goes for it. God bless!

RedWingsFan's picture

Wishing you the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't handle all that you have!

Readytogiveup's picture

He said he would call his EAP program. However, he went to see SD for lunch. He didn't get home until 6PM. He has no excuses tomorrow because if he does, I am seeing a lawyer on Friday.

starbucks29's picture

OMG ... How on earth have you made it this far? you deserve more than a medal. My God I could never have survived what you have.
Well done!
It's definitely (over time) for an ultimatium.
Again well done, I think you're amazing!