You are here

Teenage Step Daughter

Aew181's picture
Forums: 

I have been in my step daughters life since she was a toddler. We co parented well until last year. Her mother and father had a huge falling out and her mother decided to tell our daughter alot of one-sided truths. (Always 1 more side to a story than all involved but she is a kid) we moved beyond all of it last year but the first time she mouthed off a year later  we took her phone and called her mother to tell her the punishment out of courtesy. But MOM decided it wasn't acceptable. Showed up at our house and then decided to instigate a physical fight outside my house which I did not entertain. I was ridiculed for closing the door and not acknowledging the behavior.  Her mother told me I should have respect for her daughter meanwhile screaming at me meanwhile our daughter is vandalizing our house. I have never in my life overstepped my disciplinary boundaries. 

What do I do to move forward? It hurts. 

shamds's picture

Uncivilised and abusive. Respect is also earned. If bio mum had told me to respect her daughter, i'd tell her that her daughter would have my resoect when she earned it and stopped being a disrespectful little shit!!

tog redux's picture

Disengage and let DH handle his kid, and call the police next time BM shows up uninvited 

Aly Fran's picture

It's a whole Shitty show when BM starts speaking in SD ears once that starts and SD is old enough to understand there's no turning back trust me.. I am in a similar situation where BM would speak I'll stuff about DH and I to SD.  Lol she's so taken up by what her mom tells her that once her mom didn't knew she were coming at our home SD spoke nicely, ate, drink and talked perfectly fine however after that everytime BM knows SD is about to visit our home SD is a whole different kid , she wants nothing to eat from our home she want nothing to drink from our home her father has to buy things at the shop to eat and drink or she eat and drink from the neighbour she doesn't speak to me at all she stays in the yard sitting in the hot sun and will dear not enter our home she doesn't speak to my kids and her face is always swollen like a frog.. Poor kid

Rags's picture

Sounds like it is time for eat and drink what you are served or starve and suffer extreme thirst.

Lather.... rinse.... repeat.

Survivingstephell's picture

Why weren't the cops called?  BM needs to learn there are consequences for acting the a$$.  Don't worry about what kids will see, bad behavior needs consequences.  No matter the age of the brat.   New boundaries are needed and once you figure them out, put your bitch boots on and enforce them.  That's how things get better.  

Rags's picture

Yep, and how is not enforcing standards of behavior on SD and her idiot mother working out for  you?.

There is no overstepping in your own home and family regarding idiot behaviors that you choose to not accept or tolerate.

Bring the pain. Next  time BM sets foot on your property and starts a fight, shoot her and put her out of everyone's misery.  In Texas.... you would get a community appreciation award for removing this toxic skank from the gene pool.

This shitty early pre-teen should have been turned over a knee for an ass blistering spanking then marched around the house to have her nose rubbed in every bit of mess she made during her vandalizing escapades.

smh

Diablo