You are here

BM stole my picture!

StepDoormat's picture

So, I don't make a habit of looking at BMs fb. I am not friends with her, the skids, etc. I think for a while they had me blocked because I couldn't look even if I wanted to.

Background: DH and I live downtown in a trendy loft overlooking the city. BM loves to criticize this, saying that its irresponsible because there is nowhere for kids to "play" etc. Our loft is 2x the size of her house... and clean. Her house probably hasn't been cleaned in months. (I'm talking moldy dishes in the sink - that kind of dirty).

I took a beautiful picture from my window of the skyline at night, and for a while had it set as my "cover photo". Cover photos are public - and you can't change that.

Do you guys know how sometimes if you have a mutual friend with someone and their post is public you can see on your own wall "Friend123 commented on BM's photo"? Well... a mutual friend commented on her picture... that she made HER cover photo and guess what?! It's MY PHOTO!!!!!

So, obviously she was stalking my page... but then she stole my picture? AND - its the same skyline that she criticizes us for living among - because "cities are dangerous and dirty"?

Part of me wanted to flag it for copyright infringement (you can do that) but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of her knowing I cared. Her fb friends are commenting that its such a *gorgeous* picture and asking where she got it! She said she TOOK IT WHILE SHE WAS AT A SPORTING EVENT! OMFG.

StepDoormat's picture

Welll... its not like I'd try to take her to court. But, you can flag it on facebook as "offensive" and one of the reasons is that the person is posting your original work (photos, articles, etc). I don't know if they'd actually DO anything about it. They would probably send her a message that I asked her to take it down. Which, I definitely didn't want to do! Wink

Orange County Ca's picture

Interesting. After all the complaining why don't you want her to take it down? Ohhh, don't want her to know you've been nosing around her page eh? A lot of the drama disappears when you stay off of her page and ignore what she does scanning yours.

StepDoormat's picture

If you read through my post, you will notice that I wasn't on her page, at all. A mutual friend (one of DHs cousins) commented on "her" photo that it was a gorgeous picture and asked whether she took it herself. It showed up on my news feed because it wasn't private. I have never looked at her fb... and to the best of my knowledge thought I was blocked.

bi's picture

ignore him. he likes to ASSume he knows everything about all situations. he's really not very bright.

Maroma1984's picture

What is wrong with these people? I'd be so embarassed if one of my ex's knew I was stalking his new g/f. I get scared snooping through people's pages that they can find out!

My only excuse is thinking they are purposely trying to get under our skin.

I think it must be worse for her for people to say how truly beautiful the view from your apartment is. Sad.

StepDoormat's picture

I-m so happy I was thinking the same thing. When we first moved into our loft, DH suggested that we INVITE HER OVER so she could see how nice it was and she wouldn't be "worried" anymore. YEAH F-ING RIGHT! She is never stepping foot in my home. Her problem isn't that it's dangerous - its that we live in a nicer home than her. As we should... DH went to med school so that he could help people and make a nice living. I went to business school so that I could support myself. She is a waitress and collects child support/alimony. There are going to be some discrepancies.

She actually threatened to take us to court to "force" us to move because we didn't have a minimum of 4 bedrooms (for the 3 skids to have their own). Then he reminder her that her own house only has 3. But, technically we only have 2 large bedrooms and a den with a sleeper... and she said that until we moved into somewhere that had 2 separate sleeping places with doors she would no longer permit her children to spend the night. Hah! Whatever, lady. Our lawyer wrote her a letter and basically told her she was off-base. The SDs still don't come over though. Whatever.

Maroma1984's picture

My BM is the same way. She's just fucking sneaky about snooping through our life though. She tries to get SD12 to take pictures of stuff to show her. She used to check my Facebook , but I blocked both of them off there. I don't get on that site to cause drama ... all I want to do is post pictures of my daughter to show family. If she can get any ammunition from any part of our life , she tries to use it against us.

When my husband got a new but very old truck , she through a shit fit and wanted more Child Support since we could just go out and buy new vehicles. It was a 2000 Chevy with nearly 200k miles. I don't think that's what people that are generally RICH go out and buy.

I don't mind my husband supporting his child, but I do mind someone trying to get more out of us just out of spite.

Do you have children or plan on having any with you DH in the future? That's when it really gets insane.

BSgoinon's picture

LMAO, It bothers me when BM steals my pics too... but eh... if she wants to pretend to live my life, that's on her. We all know the truth.

StepDoormat's picture

I-m so happy This is a sore subject. DH had a vasectomy after his youngest was born. He doesn't want anymore children. I never thought I wanted kids. I guess the weird dynamic of being a stepmom makes you kind of consider it - because you feel like you're never going to have that "bond" that they have with the BM. I KNOW that's mot a reason to ever have kids though! So, I would likely say the answer is a big fat NO. It probably keeps things more simple anyways.

DH is funny. He's a doctor and basically told me when we discussed this: "A special bond? A special love?!!!! She performed a biological function - and the first one she lied about birth control! That's not any special bond. Anyone could have done that." < Love him, lol.

Lynn79's picture

I thought i was reading a post I wrote when I read this! I am in the exact same boat...DH/vasectomy/not wanting kids/ but DAMN WELL wanting to have the "bond" and my DH saying the same thing. My BM is delusional and psycho. We are professionals and share a common career that she wanted but couldnt have because she wasnt smart enough or had enough tenacity. She birthed the kids,,,but I am a HUGE influence in their lives and know this. They may not be mine...but it takes a village to raise a child!:)

Maroma1984's picture

I feel you there. My DH told me that he didn't want anymore kids when we met to. After a couple of months together I told him that if he wasn't willing to ever have kids , then he needed to break up with me then. I wasn't ready for kids at that time ... but I wanted at least one.

Now , I've gotten the deal broadened to two , lol!

Having my own kid made dealing with the Skids 100 times harder! Then I knew what the bond was supposed to feel like and made me resent my SD12 even more.

ACAM2012's picture

BM is blocked from seeing my facebook page. Every single :friend" on her page is blocked as well. Works wonders!

StepDoormat's picture

I-m so happy I am going to do this later today. As far as I knew, I was blocked from her & the skids pages, as was DH. I used to not even be able to look her up... but it seems she's unblocked me. Likely so she could see my page (even though its mostly private).

c-mom's picture

Oh honey, your BM is crazy, but not as crazy as mine!!! I think you and I could sit and have coffee and have a set of killer abs from laughing at how crazy our BM's are by then end of our coffee date. I had a situation kind of like this last year. My MIL is a drama pot stirrer. My DH sent her a picture of the gum drop man that he had made for our gingerbread house that we were making. BM was there (she lived in MIL's rental apt across the street) and thought it was "just tooo cute!" so she had MIL send it to her phone. SHE THEN POSTED THE PICTURE ON FACEBOOK WITH THE CAPTION, "LOOK WHAT MY BABY MADE ME!!!!" Psychos!!!

BettyDiamond's picture

I never even looked for BM FB page cause I really don't care about her or her life but she would stalk my DHs page then attack him for anything she didn't like, even though it was none of her business and the pics had nothing to do with my SS. She'd come up with petty shit to make it about her son. Like saying he should be spending money on their son and not tattoos or engagement rings for me even though he pays all of his child support plus some. We put his profile as private but as you mentioned it doesn't privatize the profile or cover photo. We only found that out when she discovered we had gotten married due to our wedding photo being on there, She then stole it and posted it on her FB so her and her friends could talk shit about us. Even then the only reason we knew she'd done this is because she texted DH with a link to the post. In the post her friends call me trash and a whore. I've only met her once, I've never said or done anything to her or her son to warrant such hate. Some people on here talked about reporting to FB, well I did and they did NOTHING. They refused to remove it. Luckily since she provided us with her account info I was able to block her from mine and we actually ended up deleting my husband's so she has no access now and can't spy on him. I do find myself worrying about her getting her friends to look at my profile pic and starting the embarrassment again so I try to just post simple pics. My biggest question when she did this is how did her husband feel knowing she's obsessed enough to talk about us on FB. love us or hate us it's still obsession.