You are here

Cell phones, Internet usage and skids...

newmommy05's picture

So SS9 is a very immature 9 year old with ADHD. He is currently living with my husband and I since last June since BM said she couldnt't handle him anymore. Now whenever she does see him, whenever we have a chance to drive him to her 9 hours away, which is about once every 2 months, she becomes disney mom. She takes him to theme parks, buys him expensive shoes and clothes, etc. Whatever. Doesn't bother me. I'm glad she does it for him so he doesn't have to beg us to take him or buy it for him. Anyways in her latest escapade in trying to be MOTY, she has bought him an iPod touch. At first she said she wouldn't sign him up for a data or phone plan, so it would just use WIFI and he could play games. Now she wants get him a data plan so he can always text or call her. I just think its a really bad idea. He has been caught by us before watching an inappropriate video. Plus he is very immature for his age. He still needs to be told to flush the toilet, brush his teeth, get dressed, things like that. Now I understand that I can't control what she does, but he does live with me. I'm just wondering what you guys think about how my DH and I should handle this. I already know that he can't take electronics to school, so that's out of the question. But what about rules and such you have with your skids or bios about phones, internet usage and other electronics ?