You are here

Conflicting additions to the change order?

SMof2Girls's picture

BM wants it added to the CO that the kids each play one sport in the fall every year and that each parent is obligated to get the kids to practice if it falls on their time, without exceptions.

She also wants it added that regardless of who's weekend it is, she will have the skids the Oct 4-6 weekend so they can travel out of state with her to a family reunion.

So I guess the "without exceptions" part was just for DH .. because BM is allowed to miss practices for her exceptions?

SMof2Girls's picture

She doesn't seem to think any rules apply to her anyway. They currently have a pretty standard/vague CO now .. and she interprets it VERY liberally (ie incorrectly) and violates it all the time. She's used sports as a reason to withhold visitation in the past.

Last fall, DH and I were flying to TX to visit the skids in October. We hadn't seen them in a month. She tried to tell DH he couldn't see them at all that weekend because they had games Saturday morning. Even went so far as to say that their regularly scheduled activities were more important than time with him because they were crucial to their routine and schedule.

But I guess the routine/schedule is totally flexible when SHE wants to change it?

SMof2Girls's picture

She's probably agree to all of those changes, provided it was also added that DH would be responsible for the cost.

Because she's really just THAT petty.

She sent DH an email scathing him for giving SD7 a Children's Pepto chewable tablet. She said it can cause brain damage and that he's only "allowed" to give her prune juice. She'd probably add that in too ..

SMof2Girls's picture

He won't. He'll either take it out completely, or change it so that it's generic enough that it's meaningless. Either way, big fat waste of time that does nothing but delay the change order from being finalized.

If BM keeps it up, she won't get that October weekend at all.

Disneyfan's picture

I would agree to the October weekend and include the same for dad's family reunion.

I would fight the sport thing tooth and nail.

If she signs them up for a weekend sport, she has to deal with them not being there during dad's time.

I put my SDs in a scout troop that meets each Saturday. BM would rather run through hell wearing gasoline bloomers than allow them to attend a meeting during her time. So they only goevery other week. They miss out on a ton of trips and activities, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

SMof2Girls's picture

She's already enrolled them for this fall. The program she chose is her local one .. an hour away from us. The entire thing falls on DH's time.

So he's enrolled them in a closer program; one that's halfway between BM and DH. That's the one skids will attend, even though I'm anticipating BM to hit the roof about it. But she's got no legal right to dictate activities or anything on his time. At least (this time) the skids aren't missing out on anything Smile

tryingmom's picture

I can't wait to hear how BM takes the change of activities on your DH's time!!! Seriously, adding her above specifications to the CO change is just being petty. I'm sure your lawyer will point that out.