You are here

DH won in court today

doglover1's picture

He was awarded full custody and the BM gets every other weekend. Because she is basically a piece of crap. Cant get SD on or off the bus ..doesnt take her to school or church or other acts. Thats only the little stuff. She is also a drug abuser. The list goes on. SHe didnt even show up for court today. Now there will be no more custody payments to BM!!!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!! She hasnt even realized yet that that is going to happen. In fact she called Dh today wondering where her money is. I have been withholding for a few weeks just to make her sweat. (thats my little lets get even thing). The woman is unreal. Only problems are 1) she probably wont want to see SD since there is no money in it for her (very sad for SD). 2. I get to put up with SD all the time . She is really not a bad kid , but she is demanding of DH's time and also pretty darn whinny. The whining really gets on my nerves. But all and all its pretty good.

SerendipitySM's picture

Congrats to your DH - I hope this turns out to be a good thing for you guys!!

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. - George Carlin

Never Ending's picture

Yeah for you and your family, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!..
That is great news...wishing you and yours the best. Smile
Im sure you will be a positive influence on your SD.

Your H must be very happy also....Celebrate Wink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bellacita's picture

so very happy for u!!!!!

"Given the right reasons and the right two people, marriage is a wonderful way of experiencing your life."
~the late great George Carlin

Tara12's picture

Congratulationos on winning full custody! I'm glad you did not send that woman another penny. Sounds like you SD is a pretty good kid and I get the whining part can be frustrating but I bet after time and a regular routine in a normal household she will get a lot better.

Sasha's picture

I hope your DH was awarded CS as well...even if she can't pay it, it's the principle of the matter that's at stake. Too many dads forgo CS because they think they are being nice, but as you've seen time and time again, even on this forum, the nanosecond the BM is awarded custody they file for support.

doglover1's picture

i think things will be much better now........and when whe does find out cs is dried up well we'll deal with that. As far as going after her for CS.....thats in the future. Cant believe it went so well today!!!!!!!!!!!

Dealing_with_Drama's picture

Congratulations on you victory! I hope that we are able to have the same outcome in February! Celebrate with your family and tell them how much they are loved

"What you do to children; they will do to society." ~Karl Menninger

stepwitch's picture

As first months cs payment... Hehe. Good for you...things will be great once you get in control of your household, whether or not step is there. I think as long as you and dh get on the same page-behaviour issues won't be much of an issue.

Good luck & congrats....

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

StepG's picture

no more payments, you and H have the final say on things and your household can get on a schedule! I am so excited for you!

northernsiren's picture

Such great news, hopefully in a better environment with guidance and boundaries, you guys can break the whining quickly.

I hope to be making a similar post in about a month, send some luck my way!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

stepmasochist's picture

I know EXACTLY how great that feels, we had that experience June 13 last year! Our BM didn't show for court either, so it was a slam dunk for our then incompetent lawyer.

He did us a favor though, but I'm sure it was unintentional. We didn't want to tell her because we knew she'd flip out. And, non-confrontational FH just sat on it and sat on it - for TWO MONTHS! His excuse was "Their mom is pregnant and not using drugs right now, so let's give the kids their mom while she's decent." Anywho, I figured that the court would tell her, but incompetent lawyer failed to file the paperwork with the clerk that would notify BM about the decision.

SO, once we told BM (who hadn't been receiving CS the whole time and was reveling in the idea FH was going to go to jail at any minute, tee hee) she immediately went out and filed a motion for a new trial. We got a better lawyer and she was DE-NIED (which felt great too, actually beating her in court when she showed up). New lawyer told us that if she had filed a motion for a new trial within I think it's 30 days of the original decision, she would have been granted one no matter what.

I guess the moral of the story is - if she doesn't know about it at this point and no one tells her, you're better off.