You are here

Get Out Of My House!!!

mizcece's picture

My husband has been on vacation this week so my SD11 has been here all week. My mother's funeral and burial was on Monday and I could even get a break from her than. We went to move the furniture and stuff from my mother's house and my SD was there! Dang, I can't get a break from this dawn kid! I am really resenting this kid more than ever. It is to the point that I was just recently married but I am considering filing for divorce! Love it not enough for me to go through this ever summer. Either she or me had to go!!!!!!! I want this little messy, spoiled, clingy brat has to get out of my house! She is such a slob, her bedroom and bathroom is filthy.

janeyc's picture

Your partner should have realised that this was not a good time for Sd to visit, if you can't have some space at this time then when can you for Gods sake? You need to speak to your husband, there have to be ground rules, its early days so you have a good chance of changing things, Im sorry for your loss, its such an awful time, you needed support and help to deal with your grief, so as you are so unhappy with your situation, its time to lay the law down.

Orange County Ca's picture

The whole point if a child visiting is to be with their parent not a babysitter. Tell your husband that it isn't going to work and he'll have to make arrangements. Either the kid doesn't visit except on his days off or he arranges for day-care which is equally pointless unless mother also works during the same hours as Dad.

I always took my kids on vacation during their long visits and even every month camping. Sometimes my new wife came along sometimes not as she felt. Then she and I spent a week on vacation during the summer.

Admittedly I could afford that and living in Southern California meant I could go camping even over Christmas/New Years but where there's a will there's a way.

Stop being a babysitter. Oh and make sure you're not transferring your anger at your husband onto the kid. I know she's a slob but just sayin.....

daysleeper's picture

Seriously, your skid is supposed to be spending time with your DH, not you. Further, your mom just died and your DH is on some vacation somewhere while you take care of HIS kid? I'd get out of that situation so fast it would make everyone's head spin. Who's caring about YOU right now?

smartone's picture

I read it the same way, that he was on vacation from work and that's why the skid was visiting. What I don't understand is why the skid was there when you were moving the furniture? Did you tell dh that you didn't want her there? Or did you just figure he would know what you wanted? I probably would've just told him I didn't want his help...I would have found someone else to help or hired someone. There are lots of people hurting for money right now that could use the extra cash. ALWAYS try to think ahead and figure out how his actions are going to get in the way of how you want things to be. Then decide if you can compromise or not. If not, go out of your way to make it the way you need it. I know it's hard with the stuff with your mom going on, but you should always be able to stick up for yourself and your needs.