You are here

Help! Is this good or bad?!

The Triangle's picture

Tuesday we met GAL, well ss and dh spoke to her an I was just "there". Then today was the home visit. She was supposed to be here at 12:30 and got tied up in court. She just showed up literally less than 10 minutes ago, walked in looked at our house and left. Literally! She looked through ss room then the kitche again and left! Not even 5 minutes!!!
My question is, is this good or bad? Let me clarify that we are not necessarily in a "custody" battle, bm is not fighting for custody. She is fighting (on her parents behalf) for more visitation. Also note that she does not pick up or drop off ss 99% of the time and we have to constantly request feedback on whether she will be exercising her visitation... GAL's are normally involved when where the child lives or is going to live is beig disbursed. In this case, it is not. Our lawyer says GAL is a good woman. Do you think she is trying to save us money? The judge did give her 2 weeks before appointing her to the case since bm wrote a letter explaining her absence at last court date and stating we were in agreance of custody...

I am so lost in my own head and just want this to be over!

Kilgore SMom's picture

A home visit doesn't consist of much. They just look for anything hazardless and make sure things a clean and that you have food. Sounds like she was in a hurry to be some where else.