You are here

I get a HELP ME HELP ME while I'm at work today from the kids AND I OVERSTEPPED????

theoutsider's picture

Let me give a little background:

THIS IS A LONG VENT

The kids are at BMs for visitation this week.

While I am at work today I glanced down at my cell phone and see

5 TEXT MESSAGES AND 3 EMAILS
from my boyfriend's kid's cell phone and home alone, as far as I knew, saying

HELP ME

OUTSIDER HELP ME

PLEASE HELP

WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ME

I NEED HELP

that was texts, I didn't read the emails until after,...

I flipped shit OBVIOUSLY thinking that SOMETHING was seriously wrong
AND IMMEDIATELY called the kids cell phone.

ten year old boy answered sounding just fine,

"ARE YOU OK?"

"yeah"

"ARE YOUR SISTERS OK?"

"uh yeah"

"WHERE ARE THEY??"

"uh (8year old) is playing outside and (12 year old) is on the computer"

"DID ANYTHING HAPPEN? PUT (12 YEAR OLD) ON THE PHONE"

after a pause "Mom says she can't come to the phone"

"WHAT IS SHE DOING?"

"I don't know something for Mom on the computer"

"IS SHE CRYING? HAS SHE BEEN CRYING? DID YOU MOM OR (BM BOYFRIEND) YELL AT HER?"

"I don't know."

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"nothing"

"ARE YOU SURE EVERYTHING IS OK?? NO ONE IS HURT? NOTHING HAPPENED???"

"I don't know."

"TELL (12 YEAR OLD) TO CALL WHEN MOM LETS HER"

And that's all the conversation, then I get an email from BM

""
(OUTSIDER),

I appreciate all that you do for my children. With that being said, I would also appreciate if when one of my children calls, texts, or sends you a chat msg saying that they need help while they are at my house, PLEASE call me and let me know. For example, this morning when (12 year old) was told to write a letter she insisted on typing it. I allowed her to get on the computer with the understanding that she was only to use word, not gmail or any other sight.(YES THIS BM DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL OR USE CORRECT GRAMMAR) I went into the other room to start a load of laundry and I come out to find that she's been on gmail. Then, awhile later you are calling the kids' phone and asking questions to (10 year old) who knows nothing of what's going on because he's been on xbox. I answered all of (12 year old) questions before starting laundry. I also am trying to encourage her to do her own work and find her answers on her own without asking everyone else. She has a bad habit of not asking questions in class and relying all 4 of us to supply her with answers. I know I can be hard on her at times. But, I also know that I have a very intelligent daughter who is growing up very fast and I want her to be all that she can and more. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I am not complaining in any way, I just want your cooperation.

Thank you! ""

I didn't say anything back to her,...
BUT I WANT to say }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:) }:)

1. You are lucky I didn't call 911 with all the HELP ME texts I got

2. ASK YOURSELF why your daughter would rather have MY help than ask you!

3. I don't have to call you and tell you shit about what YOU should be knowing about that is going on IN YOUR OWN HOME!

4. Thank you for feeling like you had to defend yourself that you were "doing laundry in the other room" and that's why you didn't know what your daughter was doing especially because you have a freaking trailer and I know your washer and dryer are right next to your freaking computer. I may not have ever been in your house, but the kids have-duh- and they can talk!

5. You are just pissed that she was wanting to ask me instead of you!

6. Hard on her at times????? Really, SHE IS YOUR WHIPPING POST! No wonder she is trying to get ahold of me

7. Your daughter is not intelligent, actually she is quite a dumbass. At 12 years old, going into the 7th grade, she still can not do simple addition,or multiplication.

8. ANd yes the freak you are complaining, or you wouldn't have sent the email!

I know I'm venting overload,... but GODDAM!!!!

I get HELP ME TEXTS from HER DAUGHTER!!! And I'm supposed to call BM??? Who for all I know is at work????? Yeah,... that's the first thing that was on my mind,...The kids are texting HELP ME repeatedly- yeah first call should always be BM!!!

ok vent done

theoutsider's picture

I was only trying to figure out WHY she sent the texts...
Once I realized what was going on, which from talking to the boy It was obvious HE didn't know if anything was going on but that didn't mean NOTHING was going on... BTW the conversation lasted 28 seconds on my phone -so it wasn't like I was grilling him

theoutsider's picture

I didn't ask to speak to BM because honestly when I found out she was there, I DIDN'T RULE HER OUT AS THE CAUSE FOR THE GIRL TO BE TEXTING

I have a pretty decent relationship with the 12 year old. Not perfect, but I definately would squash it without knowing the cause of the texts, and run off and tattle to BM, "your daughter is sending me help me texts for no reason"

I am VERY upset at the 12 year old, BUT STILL not having heard from her WHY she sent them,..... not having heard her reason---I'm not going to throw her under the bus within a 30 second phone call when the boy himself said, "mom won't let her come to the phone"

misSTEP's picture

My DH got a frantic call from SD once to help her and come get her. Turns out that the BM had threatened to "kick the shit out of" her if she didn't go live with her dad until she turned 18.

Just because a BM is home doesn't mean there can't still be something SERIOUSLY wrong!

theoutsider's picture

Don't let her niceness in her letter fool you, this BM had sarcasm rolling off the computer when she wrote that.
I believe I wrote farther on about the nice little phone call my boyfriend made from my phone to BMs when his was dead....

We just switched to email only communication, and BM is learning quick that we are documenting everything THAT is why her overly gracious letter was written as it was----THAT was not sincerity!

And yes, the 12 year old WILL be talked to

chokinonlemons2u's picture

I don't care if she lives in a damn cave with a family of hobbits and a bear, your skid was being an asshole to go crying to you about her terrible mother making her DO HER OWN WORK!!!! :jawdrop:

And ur acting like an even bigger one to be so catty and shitty in your attitude about the mothers quite respectful and gracious email to you. She didn't even OWE you an explanation

theoutsider's picture

BM read the emails and texts, she knew what I saw...

Nothing in there did the 12 year old say

"I need help writing a letter"

Just repeated HELPS in many forms

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD AS OF NOW, BM IS TELLING ME THAT THAT IS WHY THE 12 YEAR OLD WAS WRITING HELP- UNTIL WE HEAR FROM THE 12 YEAR OLD,.......

WE WON'T REALLY KNOW WHY SHE WAS SO DESPERATE SENDING TEXTS!

Just saying, everyone here is REAL quick to believe a nice little letter from BM

theoutsider's picture

Also, although BMs email is all nice an sweet and asked for me to call her and notify her, she has never once listened to me when I called, if she answered at all. The one time she actually answered my phone call (my boyfriend was actually calling from my phone because his was dead) He was calling to say a PT conference had been moved due to flooding. She answered her phone, "I don't want to talk to you, you fat bitch, you call me again I calling the police for harassment!" and hung up on my boyfriend.
So I highly doubt her "lets co-parent these situations" would have worked out.

My boyfriend responded to Bms email:

BM,

Earlier today, your daughter reached out to (outsider) in a very alarming manner:

HELP ME

(OUTSIDER) HELP ME

PLEASE HELP

WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING ME

I NEED HELP

Were the texts Outsider received- she had no other information at the time. Outsider responded as she should have by immediately trying to figure out if this was indeed a serious situation, or if it was our adolescent 12 year old trying to get attention. Had it been a serious situation, you would have been informed immediately. As you already know, this was not an emergency situation so (outsider) had no need to call you.
However you choose to handle this situation with the kids on your time is up to you. When the kids come back Friday I will be discussing the gravity of this situation with them so that they know any future emails or texts of this nature will immediately be treated with a 911 call.
There is no need for you to call, text, or email (outsider) any further, unless as I just stated, there is an emergency. Anything concerning the kids should be sent to me at this email.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

(my boyfriend)

realitycheckmom's picture

Wow so BM now has you both looking like schmucks and your boyfriend is now the one that will no co-parent. THESE ARE NOT YOUR KIDS AND YOU ARE NOT THEIR STEPMOTHER! Your BM has every right to want you to butt out. You really had no business calling you should have let their father call. If you just had to know you should have called the BM and calmly told her the situation. You had no business grilling the son, especially after you found out nothing was wrong. Does the BM or her boyfriend abuse these kids? If so you need to call Children's services. You are not a social worker and if you are you really have no business poking into this situation as you are involved with the father and that is a conflict of interest. This type of behavior on your part is what sends BM's into full on conflict mode and the kids suffer.

theoutsider's picture

Obviously, you did not read how high conflict this BM is. And how she has reacted Every Time I have spoken with her.

AND BM stopped "co-parenting" a long time ago...

If you had read ALL the comments you would have seen her previous actions towards me.

She is only writing a gooey "nice" letter now that we are documenting things through email only communication.

And my line of questioning towards the boy WAS to figure out if the girl WAS being abused or hurt in some way so that I could call whoever needed to be called.

A judge will look at these emails and say that your boyfriend will come off as the uncooperative one. Look at the email objectively. Also you are a live in girlfriend. I get that you parent them but a judge is going to side with BM. You guys got played!

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Where are you getting this from? So now this is going to court? No way this is court worthy.

theoutsider's picture

And stop with the "these are not your kids and you are not a step mother" stuff it's old....

My boyfriend has custody, that right there should tell you something about BM,...

I live with these kids as a full time "stepmother" without the formal title.
I cook for them, clean for them, buy their clothes, go to their school functions, ball games,...
So back off.
BM may want me out of her life, but that is not her decision.

Btw.my boyfriend saw nothing wrong with how I handled things AND he himself called multiple times after I told him what happened. The kids phone is shut off it has been going strait to voicemail all last night.
He also sent copies of texts and all emails to his lawyer to document what happened.

Since this is the first time I said that I am going to guess that others have told you the same thing. A judge is going to tell you the same thing, you are a live in girlfriend. Sorry you don't want reality. I am sorry you don't like the fact that you quizzing the son was inappropriate after you realized everything was ok. You don't want BM butting into your life but you think it is ok to butt into hers? Please, you butted in and did not get a high five from everyone. Legally speaking you have no rights and have even less as a live-in girlfriend. At the very least if you keep calling and trying to cause drama like that and not playing it cool BM will get you portrayed as an interfering lunatic.

I have a friend that has now gotten her kids SM to not be allowed around the kid alone. SM now has to make sure a third party is always with her or she will go to jail. Dad has to go through hoops to make sure his wife is never alone with his son.

theoutsider's picture

Thank you for your insight. It is nice to know there are others on here who were in my shoes at one point.

I've updated on my blog if you are interested.

My boyfriend has custody, that right there should tell you something about BM,...

If BM had custody would that tell me something about your boyfriend?? I am so sick of hearing this. I know someone who plays this card all the time and come to find out he blackmailed his ex into giving up custody. She couldn't afford to live when he finished wiping her out financially and he was running her lawyer bills up to the point of financial disaster. My ex tried to do that to me. He ended up over $32,000 in debt to his lawyer. It happens, exes play games and lie during a divorce. BM#2 called FDH a stalker and she said her husband taking her to lunch several times a week when he was on nights and she worked days was him stalking her at work and she was afraid of him. Somehow I don't think your husband working the opposite shift as you and taking you to lunch so you can see each other is stalking but ok.

SMof2Girls's picture

Agreed. Anything short of exactly 50% is somehow looked down on with no real insight to ALL of the factors. Every case is different. We talk and talk and talk about how screwy the court system is, but when it's in our benefit, having sole custody should "tell you something" about the other parent? Very annoying ..

I think that is a good response from your BF.

BM doesn't need to email you.

theoutsider's picture

This 12 year old girl sent me texts even without THAT much information.

And I'm sure BEYOND SHADOW OF A DOUBT that if BM had been in my shoes and I in hers, SHE WOULD HAVE RIPPED HELL OUT called child protective services, had a restraining order put in place, not to mention been in her car driving over here before she could blink!

My boyfriend still does not know FROM THE 12 YEAR OLD why the texts were sent!

Yes the girl may have played me, I know that, BUT
Come on guys from my 28 second phone call to figure out what happened, I'm in the wrong?
I think some people here have some good crack they are smoking.

Disneyfan's picture

Of course BM would have done all of those things because THOSE ARE HER CHILDREN. No matter how much cooking and cleaning you do, you are not the parent.

theoutsider's picture

Yes in my first post I WAS VENTING,
It pissed me off

THE WHOLE SITUATION

But I still stand by what I did, a 28 second phone call is not grilling, not alienation, plain and simple.

And to a judge It will read black and white.

Kid sent help me texts.
Girlfriend called to make sure everything was ok.
28 seconds later, she got off the phone.
BM sent an email saying the girlfriend did something wrong and asked her to do it BM's way.
Father sent an email back explaining how these matters were going to be handled in the future.

A 28 second phone call after 5 texts and 3 emails saying HELP ME!!!!
That is going to look like an UNDER-reactment to the judge.

hismineandours's picture

This is what is wrong with stepfamily life. If these kids text her, and she has an ok relationship with them, she can text them back. Territory, legalities have nothing to do with this. I personally don't think the judge is going to give an eff if the op responded to repeated texts from her skids with a brief phone call.

Why forward the messages to bf if the messages were not to him?

I think many of us are jaded by our personal situations. I'll be the first to say mine sucks. But not everyone's does. Some people enjoy a reasonably decent relationship with their skids, their partners support their parenting. If that is the case, there should not be a thing wrong with replying to a text like this from skid.

I think she did the right thing. She responded with a brief call to make sure things were ok-when she saw that they were she ended the phone call. This is something so minor and petty that it is not even an issue to take to bm or to pass off to the boyfriend. My take was that the bm DID feel upset that the kid texted the "sm figure" and in order to save face she sent the email.

Wait until BM's lawyer has son up there repeating how you asked if his mom or her BF yelled at them. You will look like the alienating schmuck. You won't be the first to get screwed over. Smile

I highly doubt that. Given the circumstances, OP's response was totally appropriate.

And even if BM did "lawyer up" any lawyer would ask BM why the f "her kid" is texting "Help me Help me" to the SM.

If my sson texted or emailed me in that same manner, at that age, from BM's house, I would have called the cops. That is very alarming to me and would have sent me into a panic.

The email from BM is weird. Weird. Odd. Strange.

She should have emailed her ex husband and said "FYI Sally Sue sent your wife fake alert texts this morning. Sorry if it caused a panic, we need to deal with Sally Sue."

And no, if a step kids calls a SM asking for help or saying "Help Me, Help Me" BM would not be a person I would call to see what was going on. That is ridiculous.

OP is the girlfriend and OP took it upon herself to interfere and I don't see why it is ok for OP to contact the kids and try to make BM look to be a bad person/parent but BM sends a nice message back and BM should not contact OP. Honestly girlfriend should have had the dad deal with it.

Hell I send my mom texts that say HELP!!!!! and she knows it means I need help and if there was a serious problem I would call 911. Hell my 4 yr old knows to call grandma for momma drama and to dial 911 for the real deal.

ETA: Why does the OP suspect the child was in danger? Has BM actually hurt the kids? Has her BF? Also yelling at a kid is not hurting them. Some people raise their voice. OP won't answer these questions so I am guessing BM has never hurt the kids nor has her BF.

You are an adult, no?

We are not talking about adults texting their Moms for help. We are talking about a 12 year old girl texting very alarming things to a SM while at the NCPs house.

SM responds to the child and she somehow is interfering? Hardly. I don't even understand how it can be spun that way.

Read the original post. Once she ascertained nothing was happening she proceeded to ask the son if the BM or BF of BM were yelling at the kids. If BM had done that OP would be jumping BM's shit.

My point is a 12 yr old is full of drama and exaggeration and everyone who has kids knows kids will exaggerate. Adults usually don't. BTW doesn't this kid know what 911 is for? I would assume she does and would know if she was in real trouble to call it. Also why would she call her dad's girlfriend if her mom was hurting her? Her dad's girlfriend cannot do a damn thing. If OP went to BM's to rescue said child then OP would be charged with custodial intereference or even attempted kidnapping depending on the cop who showed up and how far BM wanted to go with it. As it stands now BM has a good case for PAS by OP.

If OP went to BM's to rescue said child then OP would be charged with custodial intereference or even attempted kidnapping depending on the cop who showed up and how far BM wanted to go with it. As it stands now BM has a good case for PAS by OP.

Wow, that is a whole lot of melodrama that did not even happen. There is no need to speculate like this. You have take this thread to court, judges, lawyering up, custodial interference, attempted kidnapping, and PAS.

12 year olds are full of drama, and so are some adults.

Actually I was going by what others posted and their comments have been deleted as well as others edited. So OP who is talking about those things and brought them up started the thread. Nice way to try to twist it back on me. It is easy to do when someone deletes other's posts.

theoutsider's picture

Fyi: administration for the site is the only one who can delete on the forums... I could only delete comments if this were in my blog,... But thank you for the false accusations.

Willow2010's picture

Ok..I am not going to beat you up like some of the others. But yea...you overstepped. IMHO.

RedWingsFan's picture

You got played by a twelve year old snot. Plain and simple. BM isn't the one to blame here. Not at all.

twoviewpoints's picture

Wow, do you ever have a lot to learn about 12 year old girls.

Yeah, I get it. Brat wrote you are handful of texts and it scared you. Well, that would be because you have not had a whole lot of experience in the 'drama queen' years. Have you asked yourself 'why' SD texted you instead of her father? Calling 9-1-1 if she was beening abused? H*ell, have you asked yourself 'why' SD was even able to make so many texts and write several emails if she was in such dire danger?

Twelve year old girls. You have to give them credit. They certainly know how to get somebody's attention. Did you handle this incident wrong? Yeah, you did. The first reaction should have been asking yourself the questions of 'why' above. The second, if still in doubt should have been calling your BF and informing him that you don't know what's up but SD is blowing your phone up with 'help me' texts.

"I don't want to talk to you, you fat bitch, you call me again I calling the police for harassment!"...Now really, does this sound like a BM who is going to welcome you phoning her home and sticking your nose in? And questioning the SS? Have the children ever cried at their dad's house? Has Dad ever, even once, 'screamed' at either one of his kids. Come on, be honest if you answer that question.

It's too bad the whole incident happened. I certainly hope your BF deals with his little drama queen when she gets home. Oh, and I hope it does it in a very mild mannered voice and doesn't make her cry (rolls eyes).

WarmBody's picture

If I ever did this to my parents you know what would have happened? I'd have been yelled at and had my you know what handed to me. I would have known in no uncertain terms you don't fake an emergency.

They wouldn't have calmly sweetly said anything to me. I'd know the seriousness of the matter.

Kids will always try to play parents against one another. Girls just like to manipulate in general. Teenagers are rebellious. Put them all together and you have your SD. The more she gets away with the more she'll do. You better nip this one in the bud.

SMof2Girls's picture

I understand the replies and criticism you are receiving, and I don't disagree with a lot of it. But I also understand how in the heat of the moment, when panic sets in, you're not sitting down and weighing out the rights/wrongs of the situation. You called, I might have done the same thing.

You live and you learn .. I would let this one go. It won't look good on you or your BF to make this into a huge ordeal. Let it rest and move on with your lives. The kids are okay, right? That's all that should matter now ...

twoviewpoints's picture

IMO after Dad is done dealing with brat girl, that Outsider should pick a quiet time and sit down and have a chat with SD. SD really put Outsider in a tight spot. I think Outsider needs to let SD know how wrong it was to do this stunt and involve Outsider in the middle of it. It's kinda like the story of the kid who cried wolf. How would anybody know if the child really did need help or was in danger if SD shouts 'emergency' aka 'help me' if SD pulls this tactic over small things?

If SD is living with Outsider, she needs to let the child understand that what she did was wrong and she's not to use Outsider like that again. That it scared Outsider. That Outsider was really worried about her. But that SD can not put Outsider in the middle everytime SD gets mad at her BM or Dad...blah blah blah.

SMof2Girls's picture

I agree SD needs a talking to. I just think all the hostility and anger pointed at BM, and the continued discussion/emails with BM just need to be let go. It's not helping anyone.

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

I don't know. If someone, anyone texted me for help in such an urgent manner, I'd be calling them first too and asking if anything happened. I agree that it should have been done as "Is everything okay over there? I received these texts from SD." and left it at that.

Because god forbid something really was wrong, and theoutsider forwarded the messages to her BF who didn't see them immediately or he was busy (who wasn't there at the time), and BM didn't pick up her phone, and those precious few seconds could have meant the difference between life and death, everyone would be singing a different tune now.

With calls and texts for help, I hope we're not suggesting a diffusion of responsibility. As a human being, we who are contacted first should react first, because sometimes those few moments make all the difference.

Shaman29's picture

I don't see where the BM did anything at all wrong.

Had I received those messages, I would have immediately called DH to get a hold of Uberskank and let him deal with it.

However I feel you were wrong in calling the skid cell phone and speaking to a 10 year old boy about an emergency. The BM should have been contacted.

Her note to you was cordial and laid out some boundaries, which you and your DH should respect. These are their kids and it sounds like she is the CP. She wasn't rude, she merely pointed out that she (the adult) should have been notified about these texts and emails. And to please do so in the future.

I think you're being prickly and trying to see problems that just aren't there.

theoutsider's picture

Don't comment unless you have read everything,...
She is not the custodial parent, my boyfriend is. The kids are there on visitation.

Shaman29's picture

It's a public forum kitten. Get over yourself.

Bottom line, YOU were wrong and you overstepped. It doesn't f**king matter who the CP is in this situation. The skids were with their BM, the 12 y/o was causing trouble, you bought into her crap and you called a kid in an alleged emergency situation.

YOU should have called your BF or called the BM. YOU were wrong. Deal with it.

theoutsider's picture

UPDATE:

My boyfriend got a call from the police today.

This 12 YEAR OLD sent multiple people help me emails this morning.
One of the recipients (dont know who at this point) called 911.

My boyfriend has been at the police station all day (he called me at work today about 4 hours ago)
Thats all I know right now.
Don't know if something actually is wrong or if there is something wrong.

theoutsider's picture

My boyfriend hasn't called me to update. I figure to wait. Whatever is going on, he will tell me when it's over.

theoutsider's picture

Got a text from my boyfriend.

"on my way with the kids"

I tried to call and he didn't answer so still in the dark.

jumanji's picture

Honestly? If one of MY Kids had pulled this stunt (and until we know there is more to it, I am going to assume it is an attention-seeking stunt)? Cell phone would be *gone* at my home.

theoutsider's picture

UPDATE:

I didn't post last night because I was dealing with all the drama.

This is what my boyfriend told me when the kids went to bed.

Tuesday morning, BM was at work. The kids were left alone with her boyfriend. The 12 year old went to take a shower, the boyfriend walked in on her naked. She pushed the door and somehow busted his nose. BM came home (apparently so boyfriend could go to ER) and BM made the 12 year old write an apology letter to her boyfriend for hurting him.
That is when I got all the "HELP ME" texts.
Apparently (from what my boyfriend said the two younger kids told the cops) they didn't know this happened.
The 8 year old girl saw the boyfriend's face and he said he got a nose bleed and she should mind her own business. The boy was playing xbox the whole time and didn't know the boyfriend was injured until he came back from the hospital with bandages.
So when I talked to the boy Tuesday, he really thought everything was fine.
BMs letter to me WAS telling me to butt out. FOr whatever reason she took her boyfriend's side of the story. The 12 year old said her mom didn't believe her boyfriend's "intentions" were to see the 12 year old naked and that her daughter overreacted.
So flash forward to Wednesday, BM went to work, the kids are left alone with the boyfriend again. The 12 year old is scared to take a shower and she said the boyfriend was saying that she stunk and needed one. So she got on the computer and sent a mass email to EVERYONE in her contacts
CALL 911 THEY TOOK AWAY MY PHONE
So, cops were called.
My boyfriend was called.
BM was arrested.
Her boyfriend was arrested.
My boyfriend came home with the kids, BM's time wasn't supposed to end until Friday at 5pm.
BM has temporarily lost visitation rights pending investigation.
He didn't ask what the charges were against BM and her boyfriend. I can't imagine anything will stick, as the 12 year old said he didn't touch her, she is just scared of him, and now scared of backlash from her Mom.

All of the kids were a wreck last night, crying and everything. Each one of them was pulled separately to be interviewed at the police station.

Wow who gives a shit about overstepping at this point. Like I said yesterday I would have called the cops if I had gotten that text. Not my husband, not the neighbor, and definitely not BM. THE COPS. Wow, that sucks for your stepkids.

twoviewpoints's picture

:jawdrop:

Lucky SD bloodied that preverts nose or he very well may have 'touched' her. No reason if him to even had opened the bathroom door. An apology letter to the BF? Oh my, no words.

When the kids settle down, sit and teach them how to properly call/text for help. The way the SD went about it was so vague (12 year olds can and are such drama queens) that nobody could tell. Her father and 9-1-1 should have been her first moves and clear "BF iscoming after me while I'm naked...help!" A police car would have been on it's way within minutes. Texts like 'they took my phone away call 9-1-1' thank goodness whoever got that and called didn't assume a 12 year old was just angry a parent took a kids phone away.

Teach her OWMan. She obviously has a dipsh*t for a BM when it comes to having the girl's back. Teach how to protect herself (knee in nuts blah blah) and properly summon help. I hope your BF can stop any more visitations until supervised ones can be arranged.

jumanji's picture

I'm astounded that neither parent has seen it fit to teach a 12yo how to call 911. Heck - my two knew by the time they were 4ish how to do so, and under what circumstances. I hope Dad picks up the ball.

Where is stated that no one taught her how to call 911? I am pretty sure at 12 she knows what 911 is. They took her phone away. Do you think boyfriend is going to stand there and let her call 911 on him in front of him?

misSTEP's picture

I'm glad I posted my first comment before I read all the way to the bottom.

I still don't understand why this person was overstepping by making sure things were okay with her SD.

If she were a stranger on the street and a young girl had asked for help, would she have overstepped if she tried to ascertain if anything was wrong? If she implied to the child, somehow, that maybe a parent did something wrong to them?

There are way too many abusive parents (BMs and BDs both) as well as boyfriends, girlfriends, SMs and SFs who are abusive to just chalk any frantic texts like that to a ploy for attention.

Of COURSE, this BM wanted SM to contact her directly. She wanted to do damage control for her BF. Who knows what his true intentions were/are. She might be one of those BMs who would take his side even if her daughter was raped by him. I know my aunt stayed married even after my uncle admitted to molesting my cousin (his step-daughter). It DOES happen.

I would much rather OVER react than UNDER react when it comes to possible child abuse and endangerment.

I totally agree. And people are still trying to twist it as no big deal.

Cops got called and parents got arrested = big deal. All day every day.

theoutsider's picture

Ok,... finally got some information on the arrests.

When the cops arrived at BMs, the boyfriend ran. He was arrested because he ran.

BM had pot in her pocket. She was arrested for possession.

theoutsider's picture

No idea why he ran. Probably because of the pot I guess??? Just my guess, I really don't know

theoutsider's picture

When the cops arrived at BMs front door, the boyfriend went out the back door.... Apparently fleeing?
BM was called at work to come home that her boyfriend was arrested.
She gets there and apparently? makes a scene. And sarcastically said to cops search her that there is nothing about her that is an unfit parent. Cops jumped at the chance to search her and found pot.

Now a bit of background: BMs last boyfriend was the chief of police for her county... These are the same cops that were called when BM claimed that this former police boyfriend beat her up... The police boyfriend was married and having an affair with BM which became very open when BM came forward and made these claims. The boyfriend police officer lost his job as chief of police, well as a police officer period, when BM claimed he beat her.
Whether he beat her or not, these are the same cops that were his coworkers and friends when all this happened.

So, I'm assuming they have been waiting for this opportunity.
Maybe her current boyfriend ran, or maybe he was just outside in the backyard when they came...
Maybe BM had pot, maybe they planted it...
With how she ruined the former police chiefs life,... Anything is possible I guess.

So far BM still has not gotten any visitation order supervised or anything...
She is out of jail, so I guess she posted bail??
I only know because she called me and left a nasty voicemail, she thinks I was the one who called 911.
I'm guessing the voicemail is going to come in handy, I saved it.

SMof2Girls's picture

In our city, the WORST thing you can do is show up, make a scene, and dare the cops to search you. You'd likely end up with a whole laundry list of charges just for being a PITA, forget the fact that you have a reputation with the department already. My DH is a cop .. I've heard plenty of stories.

They don't need a warrant to pat a person down. They do it all.the.time. They need to make sure the person they are talking to doesn't have a weapon.

My good friend is a cop. She said her partner was patting down an 80 year old man and he winked over at her and told her "he took his little blue pill today". Ewwwwww

Jays13's picture

That guy sounds like a creep. Unless the girl went for a hard workout, there's no way she can smell that badly when she showered the day before. I don't believe that a 12 year old girl can stink herself up that badly within 24 hrs of showering.

emotionaly beat up's picture

Ask yourself why your 12 year old daughter would rather have my help than ask you. I can answer that for you. The 12 year old knows she can't manipulate mum like she can you.

You really did go too far asking this boy if his sister was crying, he answers no, so you ask if she's been crying, did mom or her boyfriend yell at her. So what if they did. This is not your child, bm is her mother. You crossed the line in a big way with that line of questioning. As a mother I would not be impressed if my ex husbands live in girlfriend did this either. I think her email was very generous all things considered.

WarmBody's picture

If the guy is insisting she shower then I am also worried. BM sounds like a trashy person who has a sketchy boyfriend. What's he doing running from the cops? Someone with nothing to hide wouldn't do that.

Disneyfan's picture

OP did you post here before under a different name?

The SKs ages, genders and mom's crazy/creepy/mean.... BF,remind me of a SM who claimed the SKs hated their mother and loved the OP. Her stories were just over the top. Kinda like this one.

Turned she was a crew. Once it was pointed out, she deleted all of her blogs.

theoutsider's picture

I don't know what "a crew" is, but at least twice I have wanted to leave this site.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that people with similar problem have left this site.
I've come on this site to vent, seek advice, and share events of the day.
When I'm venting I let people know, when I want advice I ask. When I'm telling events, I state that.

It is incredibly frustrating when people want to give their two cents without reading all the comments, or when the want to lecture me when I ask for advice...

Believe me, when the few on this site finally do push me over the edge,...there will be no reason to come back.

hismineandours's picture

Geez why does everyone make a big deal out of everything? I think it was ok that she responded to the text. I mean, the kid did text her. It should be ok to reply back.

As far as the email, bm sent? I would simply ignore it. Who cares what she thinks or wants? All you did was reply to a message. You did not initiate the conversation, start anything, but simply respond after a child I am assuming you care about sounded upset, scared, in need of assistance. Not a big deal. Wouldn't most of us do the same for any child we cared about? A niece, a neighbor, whoever? I think instinct would dictate that we would respond to the message.

I don't think you violated any boundaries. I definitely would not have called the bm at all for anything if she had called me a fat bitch in the past. I would not communicate with her at all ever-unless quite literally one of the skids was dying and your dh had lost capacity to speak and there was literally no one else available to make the call.

However I would not allow myself to be upset about the email. Again, who cares? You did what you thought was right. Everything turned out ok. It wasn't a big deal. End of story.

theoutsider's picture

Update: all of the kids are speaking to court ordered counselors or psych people today( I'm not sure exactly of the title), I guess to assess their state of mind.
We are guesting with this information the judge or courts will decide when and if and what kind of visitation will happen for BM.

theoutsider's picture

I can't believe that someone such as you, blogging yourself about a child molestation case, is commenting in this way. I'm not sure why you have chosen to comment in such a way but it is extremely hypocritical,.... And it is comments like this that I spoke about pushing people over the edge, just A FEW posts ago.

chokinonlemons2u's picture

sofblue2's picture

Hi outsider I have been reading some comments here and you are gettinga lot of heat. I am not sure why. I am also a live in gf by choice. I dont want to get married so I am not sure why that makes me less of a step mom. I also have my four skids full time and if I would have gotten texts like those I would have done the exact same thing. I dont think you did anything wrong. You know how BM has treated you so if you think it was sarcasm I agree with that because you knoew how she has treated you. I have a BM who is the same way. Says really nasty things to the skids but when in an email calls her own kids liars. I understand how you feel.