You are here

It causes BM too much distress...

MamaDuck's picture

Therefore the courts grant her everything she wants because a distressed mother is not in the child's best interest, never mind the fact that what the mother wants causes the child disruption to routine and therefore distress. Never mind the fact that BM's so called distress is made up of lies!

Seriously, WTF?!

ARRGH. So pissed off with 'family courts'.

Question, when does the child's best interest become more important than the mother's 'best interest'??

MamaDuck's picture

Oooh kay. Initial WTF reaction has subsided a little. A LITTLE. I still think it's the shittiest ruling ever! "BM doesn't FEEL safe, it doesn't matter if there's cause or not, she doesn't FEEEEEEEEL safe, so for now we are going to grant her everything she wants because a distressed mother is not in SD's best interest."

AARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

OK, I'm still pissed off...

But I have a glass of wine and a plan.... }:)

So, even though they granted her all her requests, it was PUT IN the CO that she HAS TO WORK TOWARDS getting along with us (not in those words of course), but she was told to work on her issues of not feeling safe (because they did acknowledge that there isn't cause, it just didn't matter today). And no more contacting lawyers for petty sh!t!

For example, exchange at beginning and end of SO's contact days will now happen at McD's, that's what BM wanted because she doesn't feel safe parking in my driveway, however, the McD's thing in NOT meant to be permanent, she has to work towards being able to come to our house.

}:)

My plan is to lay it on thick!!! The NICENESS that is! I'm going to try and be her new BFF! I'm going to have SO let her know that I would really like to meet with her to "fix" our [non-existence] problems, either in a public place with whoever present or with their therapist.. etc etc etc. Just lots of documentation of SO and I attempting to fix our issues with her and get along for SD's sake.. if she doesn't comply... naughty naughty her! If she does... I can fake 'getting alongness' for SO's sake, doesn't bother me, I've been doing it for years with my ex's partner lol

However... right now I'm pissy with her, so tomorrow I'm going to pickup... looking smoking hott! And I'm going to be all excited to see SD and give her a big birthday hug! }:) I know it's childish, but no doubt her and her friends are gloating about how she won everything today, so I don't care if it makes me a cruel petty person to blatantly try to make her jealous (not about SO, BM doesn't like seeing me and SD be friendly).