You are here

Is it forgetfulness or lack of accountability?

Elizabeth's picture

My husband just called (left a message). He has to stay late either tonight or tomorrow night and wanted to know which would be better. OK, fine. But, our 4yo BD has dance class tonight. My problem is that he ALMOST NEVER remembers her class. I end up taking her EVERY time, and he shows up about half of the time, usually late. And yet he NEVER forgets SD14's activities, which are twice a week.

This is a serious point of contention between us. Why are BD4's activities unimportant but SD14's activities take precedent over any other plans? And why can't he remember something that happens regularly, once a week for eight months? Am I making too much out of this? It is very frustrating to me.

Conflicted's picture

I would feel frustrated too. BUT, at least DH called you to make sure which day would work out best.... it seems as if he knows that he has a problem remembering events and so he passed it by you first. I don't think DH is forgetting on purpose.... some people are just more absent minded concerning certain things than others.... it doesn't mean he doesn't care, it just means his head was filled up with other things.