You are here

Loving those parent-child moments ..

SMof2Girls's picture

The last time we were in San Antonio visiting the skids (Easter weekend), I planned to take the girls to get pedicures while DH shopped for some Easter basket stuff.

Well SD5 didn't want DH to leave .. so I offered to do the shopping and DH stayed with the girls .. and got a pedicure with them lol Blum 3

SD5 was on the phone last night talking about our upcoming trip this weekend and said, "Daddy I talked to ALLLL the girls in my class and none of them have Daddies who get their toes done with them! You're the best daddy in the whole world!"

I swear I saw DH tear up just a little Wink

Do you have any cute/heartfelt stories like this? I don't have bios of my own, so I really eat up those little moments Smile

B22S22's picture

I don't have any stories in particular. But raising my two kids -- DD15 and DSstb13 -- has been an adventure. I never would have thought to tell my mom when I was a teenager that she was pretty cool. But both my kids have told me that, and I find that funny because I'm a pretty strict parent. They both have bedtimes, chores, expectations on school work/grades, I have access to their FB accounts, email accounts, etc.

But even with that, my kids have come to me and talked with me about some pretty heavy stuff that most teenagers would not dream of talking about with their parents.

And what's even more amazing... even given the house rules I have (which also apply to their friends when they come over) their friends all think I'm pretty neat too.

I just wish my DH could see that you can be a parent with rules/expectations and STILL have your kids like you.

SMof2Girls's picture

That's so reminiscent of my house growing up! My house was definitely THE place to be .. and my parents were by far the strictest of all my friends'! NO ONE got away with anything .. but my parents were the ones we ALL went to if we had a problem.

I didn't grow up in the best of areas, but when my friend's mom got arrested, my parents didn't hesitate to open our doors to her. Same when another neighborhood girl got pregnant at 15 and her mom kicked her out (termporarily).

My parents were tough .. but they were in our corner.

PeanutandSons's picture

I had one this weekend. BS turned 4 and he had a batman party at school with his friends. We played a bunch of batman themed games and the big finale before cupcakes and ice cream was me dressing up at cat woman and letting the kids throw water balloons at me to "save the cupcakes".

BS was beside himself. He has told the story about 12 times since Friday to everyone he sees. Says how his mom is the best and how that was the best part of his birthday. I was def tearing up a bit while they were eating g the cupcakes and all his classmates were telling BS that he has the best mom ever.

SMof2Girls's picture

Awww that is so cute! And an AWESOME bday party idea Smile

It's really something special to see those lil ones puff up with pride for their mom or dad Biggrin