You are here

Marry for Money? Awesome Message

StepDoormat's picture

I posted this in another topic, but it makes me so sick that I am still reeling over it from last weekend:

SS10 came over last weekend. He brought his math homework with him. He has ADHD, which makes helping him with homework extremely frustrating. Half-way through it, while he was complaining about being booooored, I told him "Well, maybe you should do your homework on Friday after school with your mom, so that you can play when you're here". I know -- not the most mature comment, but I was frustrated.

He said: "I tried... but BM said you have to help me because this math is too hard for her". Mind you... it was F-ing LONG DIVISION. I have an MBA, but that by no means makes me some long-division champion. I just paid attention in the 4th grade.

Ok... whatever. DH asked SS10 how he was doing in school and what his grades were like the past couple weeks (no report cards yet).
SS10: "Oh, they're better than SISTER1 and SISTER2".
DH: "Oh, yeah? What's wrong with their grades?"
SS10: "SISTER1 got a D. BM told SISTER1 and SISTER2 that they better stay pretty so they can marry someone with a lot of money, like a doctor. But, BM told me that I am a boy so I have to do good in school".

OMFG. See? This is what BM brags about to people ALL the time. She got knocked up (not that DH isnt equally responsible) while he was in med school. She brags - even to the SDs that she was smart enough to have someone's baby that would make good money! And she has told the girls repeatedly that you have to marry a doctor or a lawyer... because even if you get divorced, you will get to keep a lot of money! <<< She told them that in front of DH after her affair, during the same time period they were in marriage counseling!!!

She also told the girls that "Even if someone is ugly and you don't want to kiss them, make sure you have at least a couple of babies with them so that you'll get money." She told SS13 that she had to remind herself of this every time she had to look at the hair on DHs back. << SD13 told me this on vacation this summer.

DH confronted her about it, since they've talked about (on multiple occasions) talking badly about each other to the kids. Her response: "Well, I don't have to pretend that I am attracted to you. It's obvious that I married you for money".

Yeah... DH is an athlete - has a killer body, I practically have to bitch stare every woman who comes across him at the supermarket! lol. She just says these things to hurt him. Luckily, I don't even think it phases him anymore.

^^^^ This is the same woman who requested the dishwasher. Which, although I support him keeping his word... is why I hate this B and don't want her to have another dime of mine.

RedWingsFan's picture

Oh shit...she's one of THOSE!!!

I'd make DH help the kid with his homework from now on. His kid, his problem.

I have no words for the stupid BM, except that she's probably set for life after manipulating your DH so badly.

StepDoormat's picture

Yeah... unless they get knocked up - and meet some schmuck like my DH used to be.
She was supposedly on birth control. BUT - still equally his fault. Then he married her and pushed out 2 more skids, who he now pays dearly for, but only sees when they want money.

StickAFork's picture

Just LOVE women like that.
They do it to professional athletes, too.
Blech.

Men, and men with money: wear a condom!!! Or three!! }:)

StepDoormat's picture

^^^^ THIS!!!
It makes me SO mad at DH sometimes that he knocked up this bitch - 16 years ago. When I didn't even know him. Unreasonable? Yes. But, it still makes me resentful.

Unfreakingreal's picture

Stepdoormat, hurry up and have a bunch of babies so you can guarantee your settlement too before BM bleeds him dry! LOL...I'm kidding of course!
She sounds like a real winner.

DeeDeeTX's picture

I dunno. At our school, I still see a lot of trophy wives who are much dumber than their husbands. These women aren't illiterate, granted, but their education and intellect doesn't come close to matching their husband's. They're college grads, made mediocre grades in something like Theater, and they're good looking, and they like staying home with the kids.

Trophy wives exist, but you have to meet a certain baseline of education and breeding first. You're probably not going to be a trophy wife as a high school dropout talking like a backwoods hick. But middle class liberal arts majors with mediocre grades? Yep, those are most of the doctors' and lawyers' wives.

There's a few couples where both are high powered professionals, but that is definitely not the majority in my neck of the woods.

StepDoormat's picture

I'm unfortunately not telling them anything. They don't come to visit. DH hasn't seen either of them since July. He hasn't talked to them since September. They don't need money from him right now, so they're refusing visits and won't return phone calls.

Rags's picture

Your BM is exactly why I am proponent of total win at all cost accountability in blended family situations. These types of toxic idiots need to be beaten in to complete submission and IMHO your DH needs to dedicate a significant portion of his significant MD income in to making his XW's life a complete hell. Not to be vindictiive but to counter her toxic influence on his children.

Once you and your DH are successful in barring BMs idiot gold digging ass to her kids at least half of the battle to salvage these children and turn them in to viable adults of character will be accomplished. The other half of that battle needs to start immediately. These kids need to be told that BMs perspective is undeducated, low class and demeaning and that the SDs have far more to offer the world than their vaginas and breeding capacity. Use those words and do not sugar coat it.

Fry BMs toxic idiot ass each and every time she crawls out from under her rock. This is what we had to do with my SS's SpermClan. My SS's SpermIdiot went on to spawn three more also out-of-wedlock children with two more baby mamas after my SS was born. SpermGrandMa and SpermGrandPa fund his single handed effort to procreate with every underaged womb in the Pac NW.

We never let any of that crap stand unanswered when they would try to load my son (SS) up with their crap about how it was not fair that his StepDad was rich and his mom did not deserve CS and the CS paid for my son took away nice things from my SS's three younger SpermIdiot spawned half sibs, etc, etc, etc....... My wife and I set the example to our son (my SS) that education was important. While he was in grade school, middle school and HS his mom or I were either in undergrad programs or gradschool. His SpermClan would tell him that he could miss school to visit them (not according to the CO and the Judges), etc, etc, etc....

Eventually our son learned the value of hard work, good decisons, educaiton and character. He has little to do with his SpermClan now that he is out on his own.

Your Skids can learn the same lessons but it will take a concerted zero tolerance effort to salvage them from their toxic BM's influence.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.

Redsonya's picture

I WISH our BM was even classy enough to teach the skids to marry for money. Instead, we have SS13 coming over and telling us that BM is dating this super ugly, dirty guy that she doesn't even like, but its okay, because the guy IS FIXING HER CAR! No joke, SS13 thinks it is totally valid to sleep with someone and have them involved with your kids as long as you are getting something out of it. Don't get me started on the USED computer and the partial contribution to buy a vacuum she put out for before with other guys. Yikes.