You are here

movie

notarelative's picture

Hallmark movies. I know they are unrealistic, but usually they are decent escape fiction. The one I recorded and watched last night left me screaming at the screen though. Big Sky River - The blurb on their website made it seem like your typical movie - Tara needs to go back to Parable, Montana, the place that made her the happiest, in order to move forward after a messy divorce. Her handsome neighbor presents an unexpected twist. - Typical, woman moves to country, meets new neighbor, and they fall in love.

The blurb didn't include the kids. He's a widower with two boys. She's still super close to her exSD. ExSD ends up coming to visit, and after learning her dad is about to remarry, is unhappy. SD runs way and has to be rescued by new neighbor. ExSM calls her ex and says she isn't sending exSD back. The ex argues for about two seconds and then aquiesces. The exSM, new boyfriend, his kids, and the SD are left to blend perfectly and live happily ever after.

I realize these movies are fantasy, but this one, in my opinion, went too far. AnexSM can't legally refuse to send a kid back to the biological parent. Yes, they made the dad seem like a disinterested parent, but nothing that would warrant a court removing custody. -- So just another movie that expects more of the SM than the biological parent.

Rags's picture

It is also delusion.

Sorry the usual HallMark channel pap was disappointing.

My USMC dad watches it regularly.  I give him crap about it. Though I watch it extensively when the Christmas movie fare rolls out each year.

Unknw

caninelover's picture

I would have vomited!