You are here

O/T - endometrial (uterine) polyps

christinen's picture

I know this is off-topic but there are so many women on here, I thought I could get some answers here- I am planning to start trying to get pregnant in a few months. My doctor advised me I should finish my pill pack and then start trying rather than to stop in the middle of a pack, and I am on the 3 month pill (Seasonique)- my current pack ends in August, so that is when I am planning to stop.

Anyway, I had some pelvic pain a few months back, went to get an ultrasound, and found out I have an endometrial (uterine) polyp. It didn’t end up being related to the pain I was having, so nothing was ever done about it. Now I am worried that it will affect my ability to get pregnant or may cause a miscarriage (I have been reading a lot online.. bad I know).

Have any of you had endometrial polyps? I am going to have another ultrasound tomorrow because my doctor says sometimes they just go away on their own and I am hoping that is the case for me. She says I may want to have it removed before trying to get pregnant, if it is still there.