You are here

SF listed as "Father" in records/paperwork.

steplife's picture

Let me start off that DH has 50/50 custody joint and physical. No CS is ordered per CO. DH carriess insurance for SD7 and called to make an appointment for her. The lady on the phone says

Office: "ok and the insurance is listed under father?"
DH: "yes and can you verify the name you have on file?"
Office: "yes it's SF NAME and SF LAST NAME"
DH: "Did you even cross reference the insurance info with MY NAME on it with the fathers contact info in your record?"

WTF so BM listed her husband on fathers contact information in their system. She has done this at daycare also a few years ago and was warned in court this will not happen again.

Is there anything we can do legally to her about this? Isn't this a type of fraud, we don't even know if SF has signed stuff as SD father...could it be forgery?

If anyone has experienced this can you give some advice?

SMof2Girls's picture

I doubt it's illegal; I'm almost positive parents have the right to delegate permission to anyone they want. But I would suggest your DH call all doctors/schools/day cares, etc and make sure he is listed with current contact info.

Not the Brady Bunch's picture

Happens to my SO all the time. Crazy ex even logs into health insurance accounts, etc. She has his social, so not much of a problem for her. NOTHING you can do except periodically call whomever…school, insurance webmaster, etc. and correct it. Just write a letter to the doctor's office, attach court order and you should be good to go. Do same with school. Oh, yeah. I just remembered. You think that is bad! My SO's ex who remarried 12 years ago after SO caught her cheating still uses my SO's last name illegally! Those silly little crazy BM's and their shenanigans.

autismmommy's picture

Is it in the CO that the parent have acsess to all records? if so take it to the MD offic ehave them copy what is on file and with CO in hand get it corrected and file contempt.. Contempt can only be proven if you have evidence not hersay .. We got my DH x on 47 couts of contempt of court she had to pay huge fine, lost cusotdy and was threatened with jail time.. although her are more severe then this but we did this also with school records MD off and dental records

Unfreakingreal's picture

I list my DH under FATHER on all my BS16s school forms. I mean, BioDad lives in another state, doesn't really pay any CS (gives me 50.00 a week for a 16 y/o in private school and it isn't even consistent) and he hardly even sees my son. DH, is really the father when it matters anyway, so why not?