You are here

Stupidity, day two

Elizabeth's picture

My husband has been working a lot of late hours recently. Last night he got home about 11 pm (after kids were in bed). BD4 woke up this morning at 7 am and was lucky enough to find husband still home. She was very excited to see him, and they cuddled together in bed. BD1 woke up a few minutes later, asking for dad. I took her in there, and they were enjoying their time with dad.

Alas, it was not to be. SD15 saw them and decided to ruin it. She informed her dad that she missed the bus and needed a ride to school. By implying that it was his fault (he told her the bus comes at 7:05 am but it actually comes at 6:50 am) she laid on the guilt. Problem is, the kid is supposed to ride the bus every day. So she knows what time it comes.

Anyway, husband took SD to school and left BDs 4 and 1 home crying with me. We had to leave a few minutes later, so they only got to see daddy for less than 15 minutes this morning.

He said, "Well, she can't walk to school." Why not? It's only a mile away and she's had to walk home before, although he had to hear from BM about that.

She knew what time the bus comes. I told him she never pulls that when he's not there, but she's done it three times in the past month of so when he is there.

frustratedinMA's picture

Oh Christmas is she a PIA. That is just not fair. Now that tax season's deadline is closed.. and all he should have left are those that filed for extensions.. his time should be a lot more open. I think that you should plan out an outting for him to do with each child seperately. Set them up and just this is your itinerary.

He needs to carve out some time for those little ones.

Elizabeth's picture

After all his hard work and long days, tonight he is taking SD15 to a dentist appointment. Then, he is going to pick up his bike from the shop. Plus, this is the weekend we have SD, so NO chance I can get him to block out some time for BDs 4 and 1. Oh, and we're getting pictures of all three kids taken Sunday. So much to look forward to!

frustratedinMA's picture

oh no. That is too bad... I wonder when he will realize that he is hurting his relationship w/his two youngest?!?! Its just insane that he isnt taking every opportunity to nuture and bond w/the little ones as well.

Hope when they are older that he doesnt wonder why that are closer to you then they will ever be to him.

I feel for your little ones. They have no idea why things are the way they are, and they wont be innocent for long.