You are here

Thank Jesus there must be a god!

kellyjean's picture

A co-worker has volunteered to let me borrow her kid for the weekend to entertain SS. This is like a gift from god as her son is as sweet(normal) as can be. Maybe DH and I might be able to watch a movie or have a conversation without SS hanging all over DH demanding his consent attention 24/7. Does anyone else feel like they won the lottery when their step kid has a friend over and you get a break?

Endora's picture

Before we had Zippy16.5 24/7 -we had him EVERY weekend-he was so Daddy starved at 13 he stuck to DH like glue and DH thought it was cute (NOT)-I love it when Zippy goes to a friends or has someone over-can't happen often enough!

Glad you will get a break! Enjoy

Step Parenting – you might need to step back before you step in something!

Wicked2Three's picture

I used to borrow my niece. She is 10 days younger than one of my SD's. I thought they would have fun and she would be a good influence. Instead they ignored her and made everyone uncomfortable. I kept having her come over and we had fun together and ignored them. I'm sure they didn't notice.

I truly wish the best for you. If it doesn't work...try getting one of SS's friends that he already knows to come over. Less stranger anxiety.

kellyjean's picture

to invite his friends over or better yet go to their house for at least a few hours but rarely does it work. SS has tons of "playdates" when hes with his mom but RARELY with us. It has nothing to do with DH but SS. For some wierd (and unlucky on my part)reason SS has no disire to invite or go over to his friends house when hes with daddy dearest. It's not like I don't suggest him having a friend over (like every weekend we have him) he just never bites. Partly I think its BM's fault for ingraining in SS's head how SS's time with DH is special daddy time and not to be shared(including me) with anyone else. Same goes for the kids around our house. Now one would think a 10 yr old boy would rather play with other kids? SS has no disire to go out and make friends around our house he would rather hang/climb all over DH.

kellyjean's picture

I will say something like "hey why don't we see if so and so can come over and play"? When I was a kid it was a treat to have a sleepover with friends but not SS.99% of the time SS will say no I don't want to. SS even has cousins(DH's side)who love to come over but I have to push SS in having them over. Even then after about 3-4 hours SS gets board with them and starts hanging all over DH looking for attention or him to play with him.

DH NEVER punishes SS regardless what he does. No timeout,yelling,taking away things NOTHING ever. As far as spanking goes just me thinking it would end me up in divorce court, no joke. The whole situation is wierd.