You are here

the truth is revealed

SMof2Girls's picture

BM stopped all of SD6's allergy and asthma medications this weekend. There has been disagreement about the new treatment plan .. mostly because BM started SD6 on 3 new daily medications without even telling DH until a week later. He asked for a second opinion and an allergy test (she's on 2 allergy meds but has never tested positive for allergies).

DH emailed the doctor this morning and told him what BM was up to this weekend in regards to the medications.

The doc replied stating, "Well that makes sense .. BM emailed me this morning stating that SD6 was very sick all weekend and she wants her to be seen this week before her trip to MD. She said she is very concerned about her flying in this condition."

Of course, there was no mention of stopping the meds in her email ... the doctor also didn't know that BM smokes. Or that her mother (who lives with her) also smokes. In their car, with the kids in it.

BM doesn't know that DH has talked to the doctor. I'm curious about when she plans to tell DH that SD6 has been terribly sick all weekend and is going to the doctor. They were conveniently "unavailable" to talk to DH last night so DH would have no way of knowing if they were sick otherwise.

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Do you have a court date for custody after the holidays?

If she is on 3 meds odds are she is getting treated for "Cedar Fever" which is in full swing this time of year. I just took my son this morning.

Did you tell the Dr. she smokes and her mom smokes in the car with the kids (gross) and that could be a problem?

SMof2Girls's picture

We have no court date yet. We can't file for anything until she gets her next set of orders. She has preemptively refused to go to mediation; although that may change once she gets orders and we actually CAN file for a change.

DH has talked to the doctor several times since last week. He said that SD6 has some slight symptoms (runny nose, dark circles under her eyes, etc), but nothing severe. He seems to think the allergy meds will help and hopes to take her off of them in the spring (at which point none of them will even be living there, but I digress).

DH is not outright opposed to the medication. He is opposed to not being involved in the decision. He doesn't think it's okay to have a kid on that many daily meds to treat allergies that she has previously tested negative for. The doctor supports his request for an allergy test and/or a second opinion (really nice guy).

DH told the doc about the smoking this morning. That was news to him. Doc said smoking is not only a trigger, but can worsen baseline symptoms.

I'm sure BM will be in for a surprise when she takes SD6 in for her next appointment (which she has yet to communicate to DH).