You are here

Wording Agreements.

sbm014's picture

DH and I have to get a new custody agreement signed every time he comes home - it just barely changes the CO agreement, simply changing the turn over day from Thursday to Wednesday, and us dropping SS off at her house Tuesday night before DH leaves rather then me having to get back to town and have SS dropped off at her house by 7am after dropping DH off at the airport. No one realized the discrepancies that would occur until after everything was signed, and it is not worth the money to go to court so DH's lawyer proposed us hand typing an agreement with both signatures on it, and each having an original copy saying it would be more admissible if BM decided to be a bitch than text messages.

He has recently brought up that he will not be home for the last game of this soccer season, and normally he is, we have SS and so we bring home the trophy and uniform...this is because BM has not paid for a dime of registration, and we have graciously told her if she will pay for half we don't mind letting some of the trophies go to her house, but until she pays she doesn't deserve to have her "shadow box" of what she did for the child (This is what she suggested after SS got the first trophy is that she wanted to make him a shadow box of what she has done in his childhood, as she says we provide all the "fancy" stuff he will remember). I was wondering any suggestions on how to word this to attach it to the normal custody alteration. I believe she would probably be nice about it but as we are still waiting the results to the issue of the YMCA finding out she was pretending to be a coach, I'm sure how nice she is going to be. DH has mentioned this to her and she will change the subject, and I think she knows the right thing is to let us have it as she has no willingness into participating in paying. For example she mentioned to the Y official who called her something about T-ball : we have not even discussed putting him in T-ball, and when DH confronted her on it, she said it was a idea but she still doesn't have the money to help.

Also, I was looking at our May visitation - DH's last weekend home, and my graduation fall on Mother's Day weekend. It states in the custody agreement that BM gets him that Friday to 6pm Sunday on Mother's Day unless she is supposed to already have custody - this means we would have SS for a day and a half before having to return him, and a day and a half before my DH flies out. I really want SS at my graduation as I want him to see what can be accomplished with hard work (BM is 34 and doesn't even have GED). Also my nephew who loves SS will be in town and I want them to be able to spend time together as my brother has recently moved farther away. DH and I have talked about bringing it up to BM as us returning him Saturday night after my graduation dinner (graduation is at 230) and letting her have him until Monday when he goes to school giving us the two full nights with him before DH leaves. Does anyone think this is a unreasonable thing to ask? My DH works offshore 3 weeks at a time and is home for 3 weeks we get SS 15 out of the 21 days he is home - and she will get him for 3 weeks straight after he leaves.