You are here

Coming down the homestretch now

Shannon61's picture

I just had to write a quick blurb about the final days of living w/SD (27). It's taking everything I have to keep from doing a back flip as she packs her stuff. Interesting though she seems to be packing, but doesn't seem to be making any progress. How long does it take to pack a small bedroom? She's playing it for high drama of course. I would have been done in 3-4 hours. Clueless.

DH isn't happy about her new place because of security issues, and if he had his way, she wouldn't take it. But she likes it and has already signed a lease so it's a done deal. This is yet another example of why you have to teach your kids . . not coddle them. Had she known what to look for in an apartment, she would have made a better choice. Empowering your children teach them to make smart choices.

Next week this time, she'll be long gone!

Boudicca's picture

Enjoy your new-found freedom! Good grief - 27! Think about it - she is only 3 years from 30! :jawdrop: When do these kids become adults - this year, next year, sometime but more likely never!

sandye21's picture

Ya, I can't wait to read the words, "She's gone!" Good luck and hold on. And don't let her back in your house for any reason. If your DH doesn't like the choice she has made let him find her another apartment.

Shannon61's picture

Yes indeedy. I'm looking forward to writing that post. But SD is dragging her ass. Avoidance isn't going to change anything. To be honest I think she's scared to death. Too bad, time to grow up at damn near 30!

No more picking up after her lazy ass and all her other silly antics. Good to know she's got a lot of work ahead of her because she never lifted a finger around this house.

Sweetnothings's picture

Keep us up to date..... I'm sooo excited for you.....

I'm not planning on seeing SD21 anytime soon and it just feels great........

ScotsGirl64's picture

I remember when SD22 moved out and went into the Army at 18...very happy day! Got so tired of her snotty talk and negative attitude...and lets not forget "holier than thou" personality! Enjoy being able to breathe and have time with your DH you have waited a long time to have!!!

stepmom107's picture

Happy day!! I think at times as a SParent we get bitter after y ears of raising someone else's children. Especially since we have no legal reason to take care of these SChildren. The biologicals are legally bound, Where as us as SParents do just because. It is a thankless job in many respects. My SS is leaving in the next couple of months to go in the Marines, After being a full time SM as BM lives in another state. I cannott wait till he leaves and I have hopes the door does not hit him in the backside..After seeing him thru end of elementary, middle and high school I have had enough. Snippy, cocky, which is somewhat expected at 18 he has always been a good kid on the outside and behind the scenes just a little rat. BM was always a wanna b and was kicked to the curb by her WWE boyfriend the children (2 boys) were lucky if they saw her 2 xs a year. Now since there just about grown she sends for them quarterly?? OMG after all the hard work Momma is still Momma and I am the bad guy with the rules. When BM sees them she can treat them and have fun and b patient. When I have them its full time and there are rules to abide by..I am almost done one more boy is a junior in HS totally different personality, He knows what his mother is and also knows the sacrifices me and his father have made over the years. Where as the 18 yr old is more demanding and less grateful. I wish you luck and happiness in Your SD leaving the house its about time. Have fun and do for you for a change!!! I never did get when I did see
BM for the graduation of ss in June her nails are done and she comes in like mother sabrinie, SOMETHING IS SO WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE. So my advice its about you now have fun with it!!! Wink