You are here

Hating SD27 more each day

TooManyStepsBetween's picture

This is my first post here and I’m so thankful to have a place like this to come to and read the stories and advice.

Im 20 years younger than my DH and he has 4 adult children who I mostly get along with. I got along with SD27 until recently when she turned into the devil. 3 years ago she had her son who is a monster with no discipline, no manners and a high pitch scream that he uses to communicate that he’s not happy. I think she expected DH to think he was the greatest thing and devote his life to her and her spawn as if me and my 2 DDs didnt matter anymore. That didn’t happen and now she’s just a constant Bitch.

A few months ago she got in a major blowout with both of my DDs when DH and I werenot Home all because her satanic spawn was hitting and slapping step granddaughter and SD did nothing about it so my girls stepped in and tried to separate the two, well this turned into a crybaby fest to DH about how DDs are always picking on the sgrandson but not on sgranddaughter and he’s just a baby blah blah blah. So we (DDs and I) didn’t speak to SD for weeks, DH kept in contact with her and relayed that she’s stressed and depressed because the family outcast her when she did nothing wrong. BS I know. So to bury the hatchet,eventually we all talked things out and for the most part decided to move on. 

Well she’s still a bitch. Every time she’s around my DDs now she’s yelling at them or ordering them around or acting like she’s in charge when they are both teenagers and capable of taking care of themselves. She’s a comolete hypocrite trying to make my DDs look bad when her child breaks everything, never stops running and screaming and everything he does is an “accident” and we can’t be mad about it because he’s only 3.

Im just ready to give up trying to have a relationship with this immature woman. She’s the only girl on DHs side so I know when me and my DDs came along it destroyed every idea of the relationship her and her Daddy were gonna have, but don’t they ever grow up? She’s married and  happily as far as she says but calls DHin the middle of the night when shes stressed and bothers him about what to do about bad neighbors and asks for money when she won’t allow her DH to work more hours instead he has to be at home with her. 

Im just at a loss and looking for words of wisdom. The holidays are looking awful to me feeling this way.

Thanks for reading

notasm3's picture

Erase her from your life. Keep her far away from your DDs. 

Tell your DH to keep her away from you. Life will be much better. 

Rags's picture

Confront, confront, confront. ZERO TOLERANCE!

Bare her ass for her juvenile crap and failed parenting of GSkid-3.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

When either SD and GSkid-3 are in your home there are rules and they will follow the rules or they will be disciplined. To be treated as an adult SD has to actually behave as an adult.

Your two teen DD's behave as adults so they get treated as adults. She will either comply or she will leave and stay gone.

Either way... YOU WIN!!!!!

marblefawn's picture

No, SD won't change. It's up to you to manage the situation.

How about seeing SD only in HER home so her kid won't wreck everything? It will also reduce SD's annoying need to parent your daughters.

If you make a quiet agreement with your husband to only see SD at her place, your daughters might elect not to go, which solves that problem. You can also see SD in neutral territory -- a park, a restaurant -- so her kid's bad behavior doesn't wreck your house. You may elect not to go, which I suspect is what will eventually happen anyway.

Disengagement is the only way to handle hostile SDs.