You are here

Never going to work.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Well this is it. DH CANNOT live the issue of my disengaging with SD. I have been abused over this for the last time today. I am leaving as soon as I get my affairs in order. i told him I hope he tells everyone the truth about why we are divorcing " that my wife doesn't get along with my grown daughter so I have to get a divorce" It even sounds stupid saying it or writing it. What a dumbass.

Orange County Ca's picture

Time for her celebration I guess.

Have you considered disengaging from argueing with him over this issue? It takes two to mix it up.

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

I have tried to NOT argue with him about this but he is like a dog with a bone and will not let it go. Growling and barking along with it. Too much BS for me. Can't live with it anymore. He is totally unreasonable and will not accept that I don't want to be best friends with SD. A calm civility is not good enough for him. I am always gracious and polite to SD if I am in her company - but not gushing and hugging and carrying on like she is god's gift to me as well.

sandye21's picture

I'm also sorry to hear it did not work out but you really DID try to resolve it rationally. You desere a peaceful life and should not be forced to be endure a toxic relationship. (((HUGS)))

imthewife's picture

We are nor supposed to be SD's friend...nor any of our kid's friends.

Your DH has definately missed something major along the way!

emotionaly beat up's picture

I agree completely with SA. As much as this is going to be a very tough time for you, I hope you find some peace in knowing the decision has been made. Clearly you believe he is never going to change the status quo so you are doing the best thing for yourself and you need to do that, no one else was looking out for your best interests. My prayers and thoughts are with you. I sincerely wish you every happiness in the future.