You are here

Now this is a good one - yes OSD of COURSE

Disillusioned's picture

So OSD sends out a public 'thank you' for the people who helped her with YSD's bridal shower. Rather than saying thanks Auntie, Mom and Disillusioned, she spells out our names - first and last.

Now, I took DH's last name when he married me. DH's sister has never married so her last name is the same as his, and mine of course

BM has kept DH's last name even though they're divorced. So her name is also the same as his and mine

Well, OSD says thank you to DH's sister (first and last name) thank you to BM (first and last name) and thank you to Disillusioned (my first and MAIDEN name)

Like seriously OSD?!

Seriously

Can we say please get SOME HELP soon?

Her little way of emphasizing that she does not consider me part of their family of course

Wow

notasm3's picture

How funny. You should start identifying yourself to her (if you must call or write her for any reason) as Mrs. DH DHLastName.

She answers the phone - you say "Hello this is Mrs. DH DHLastname" etc.

sandye21's picture

What does your DH think of this? If he hasn't seen it yet, show it to him. It might make him feel better that she is giving him the silent treatment. It is definitely justification for complete disengagement. Treat her as if she does not exist in your world. If DH wants to see her they can meet at a restaurant.

twoviewpoints's picture

Uh oh! You're being punished. You and Dad both.

Ignore. Ignore. Ignore. Sure, you can show husband. He might feel better knowing you and he both are in the doghouse... but don't give SD the satisfaction of mentioning it to her.

She's certainly acting like a child.

grace8205's picture

If it was on Facebook, reply and correct her oversight that way everyone can see she is stupid or being a bitch (or even both).

Disillusioned's picture

Yes sandye21, I did show DH, he sat there shaking his head and saying that yes, she does have something wrong with her.

I actually feel a little bad for pointing it out to him now, there is no fight in him left when it comes to her these days, he just seems to have admitted defeat (to himself that is) that she is a total head case in need of serious help...at this point I feel bad for him Sad

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

This is such a bitch move. She is letting you know that you are not part of the family with that last name.

It definitely is time to disengage - she wants you out - get out and stop playing games with OSD. She has deep rooted problems that are not going away.

When my SD made it clear to me she doesn't want me as part of the family - I listened. I have gone NO CONTACT for a few years now and feel so much better. Now she doesn't understand why I can't just let it all go and come back - lol - as if I would put myself through the games and bullshit again.

sammigirl's picture

Every chance you have, state everything in plural such as "we", "our home, our everything", and use your last name every chance to your SD.

Get a plaque with your names and marriage date on it to display in your home, where SD can see it. We have a pretty tile plaque that SS and DIL bought for us; it sets on a display stand and has our names and date of marriage on it; I have it on a corner table and it stays there. It's a reminder to my SD that I AM her Dad's wife.

I swear they never grow up!

Rags's picture

Reply publically with a combo thank you/correction on your last name.

Tit for Tat can be fun.

Enjoy! }:)

JLRB's picture

Disillusioned, my mouth just dropped when I read how your SD printed your name on the thank you! The nerve! Do they ever stop trying to remind us that we're not part of the "family"?

furkidsforme's picture

I won't take my DH's last name because BM kept it. I've never understood women who divorce men but keep their last names.

Stepped in what momma's picture

I always hear they keep it the name so it will be the same as their "babies".

Disillusioned's picture

Absolutely keepitsimple, I agree with every word of your post. I believe my DH is just ticked off enough that he is going to say something to her about it. And he knows that if he doesn't, in a couple nights when everyone is here for DH's 'family birthday dinner' that I will absolutely same something