You are here

Anyone else dealing with BM living vicariously through her daughter?

SonyaJ's picture

I love my DH but he is clueless when it comes to his daughter's BM. I have always felt like she is living through her daughter. The SD6 is currently taking dance (which the BM is 3 months past due paying), piano (we pay for), Girl Scouts, a weekly after school function and every free event happening on BM weekend.

Recently the BM has signed up SD for pageants. The BM has no money to pay toward her daughters school lunch account but pays hundreds of dollars for her to be in pageants. She even has SD wearing a sash and tiara around town and even out of town.

Now she has signed her up for a local penguin swim for New Years Day on the day we have her and hasn't even told us. Found out through the grapevine.

Ugh who else deals with nonsense like this? It is so draining.

my.kids.mom's picture

I don't think the issue is involving the kids in numerous activities unless the kid doesn't want to do them. The problem is the money. (And the OP obviously has a psycho bm...that's just weird!) My kids do NUMEROUS activities, but I pay for it all and take them myself. If I can't afford something, we don't do it. I already see the benefits in it, and don't plan on stopping. As a matter of fact, I've told them that they need to start weeding out stuff and they still want to do it all.

The opposite of bm's can be true as well. BMs who did NOTHING growing up and think that is okay because it was good enough for her...not good either. Especially when she grew up to be an angry, bitter, unhappy shrew. I've seen bm involve son in all kinds of sports and not put her daughters in ANYTHING. It's not a money thing. She's just lazy.