You are here

Grandmother giving my kids nasty looks. WOW!

Biostep7777's picture

I wasn't feeling well today so my husband took my kids to go watch SS's baseball game. My daughter was incredibly uncomfortable because BM's mother was giving her dirty looks, rolling her eyes at her, pointing and laughing and just being nasty. (The apple doesn't fall far from the tree) DH and I told my daughter that it's sad she is so incredibly insecure and unhappy with herself that she feels the need to do that to a child and isn't it great she isn't her. We just said wow.. can you imagine being that petty and insecure?

BM and her disgusting mother HATE my kids. I mean they are awful to them. We just keep telling my kids that people like that are incredibly unhappy with themselves and it's sad that they can't find happiness so doing that to others makes them feel better. They are bullies. That's it's not personal, it's their own issue and just to have pity on them because it takes an especially sick and desperate person to act that way towards kids. 
Any other advice on how to handle this? (Ps-my daughter is a teenager not a small child) 

ndc's picture

LOL, the teenage me would have handled that by walking up to the old hag, extending a hand and saying "Oh, you caught my eye so I had to come say hello.  It's so nice to see you again."  I could be a passive aggressive bitch when I was a teen.  Personally, I think the way you're handling it is fine.  In some ways it's good for kids to encounter mean, petty people like that when they have a parent to support them and let them know it has little to do with them, first because they're going to run into people like that throughout life, and also because it shows them how mean people can make you feel, and makes them want to not ever be like that.

Your husband must be mortified that he once married into that family.

Biostep7777's picture

Yes he is!!! He's constantly saying "I'm so embarrassed! What was I even thinking??" He thinks they are repulsive. They truly are awful awful awful people.