You are here

Here I am again..... Ranty pants!!!

I want to be a pigeon's picture

Here goes..... I am trying to disengage from SD11 my family came yesterday to see us and my father was concerned that he had sent us all cards and everyone but SD had arrived as hers and it contained money. I found out after they had left that in fact she had received the card and hadn't mentioned to my partner that it had money in it. She is point blanc denying that it had any money in it.

I do not believe her. It was £50 and she looks like she is lying. We have checked the envelope and dustbin. She did not mention the card to my father.
I am totally embarrassed by her behaviour. I even wondered if it had been stolen from the post but then I guess the card would not have arrived at all. My father would have definitely put the money in, he is far from stupid.
What the hell am I going to do here?
I have told her I am disgusted as she is constantly telling lies. I am supposed to be disengaged but when it comes to this crap how can I?
My partner is at a loss to know what to do and has said he will get her to ring my father tonight, I know she wi then tell a pack of lies to him and I will be even more furious!
Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!

I want to be a pigeon's picture

I am totally beyond caring now. I am wondering if this is another trick to get attention out of me (which it has) she is one strange child and it seems she is turning out with the same problems as her mother. I don't want to deal with her full stop. Ugh. I hate being a step parent I really do. I need to get my disengage and stay disengaged head on for my own sanity. We have tried consequences and they don't bother her! I swear there is something wrong with her.

onthefence2's picture

I agree...make her write a thank you note. That's all that needs to happen. She could have done the right thing and shown gratefulness in person, but now she will have to go through the trouble of writing a note and mailing it. Poor her.