You are here

I have become something I am not..

Shake.it.off.'s picture

Lately my spouse and I have fought consistently regarding biological children and none. I have let my feelings completely over whelm me and I feel frustrated, jealous and so insanely emotional that I do not even know who I am anymore. I realized a few weeks ago, I may need professional counseling to help deal with these issues and emotions I am going through. I often wonder how many other women feel this way, good. kind. women.
My spouse and I have been together 5 years. I have two children from a previous marriage, that did not end very well and was very hard on my children and myself. My children are 9 and 7. However my children's father is still actively in our children's life ad tries to help out whenever possible and I am great full for this. My spouse has been a solid, stable man in their life. My children absolutely love my spouse and recently even asked him if they could call him dad. However my spouse had been reunited with his 12 year old son about 10 months ago. The son's mother contacted him by finding him through facebook, and basically said ' hey want to meet your son and have a relationship with him?". My spouse was stunned, but also very excited. They met the following day, and ever since that day our entire lives have changed and even though his life has changed for the better, mine and my children's have completely turned around Sad
History- According to the information I know, My spouse was young when he got together with this women and it was a short fling with no strings attach and she became pregnant and they both agreed on terminating the pregnancy, she contacted him 2 years later (she moved away had the son, and came back) she also wanted to start a relationship with my spouse however my spouse did not want to be with her but told her he would help her but he had no intentions on marrying her (in fact he had a gf at the time that became a serious thing) the bio mom was obviously hurt, and expected more. He had said she was extremely angry, lashed out tried to cause problems between the gf and him and once she was not getting anywhere she moved away after a year and did not tell him, or would not let him have contact with their son as she claimed he was an unfit father.He paid his child support each month. That was never enough either. He never said exactly why he never went to court to fight when the son was younger. Shortly after she met her husband, he became father of the son, by this time he is almost 4 years old and both adults would not let any contact between my spouse and his bio son. When my spouse and I first started dating he showed me some of the emails between them, and I got the impression it was more of a power control from the husband and the mom was doing a lot of blaming. My spouse seeked lawyer advice. I think he always knew his son would come in his life when he was older and the mother had no say. The mother and her husband separated 3 months before she contacted my spouse for help. She needed my spouse to help now. It has become an overly bearing conflict on our relationship. The bio mother was calling all the time for the first few months, about everything. One day she would be super nice to him, kind, friendly, talkative, understanding, and the next time she would be complaining over anything and everything (at one point she did not want me or my kids around her son when he was over visiting) asking for my spouse to pay for everything from child support (400$ a month) to 3 summer camps, sports, clothes, new shoes randomly, dentist bills, hot lunches, snow gear, video game consoles, money for weekend trips. It is a constant struggle between us, financially of course. I do not ask my spouse to pay for my children. I receive child support from my ex husband. However the biological mom thinks my spouse pays for things for my kids and told him he should not be paying for my children because they are not his kids she told him to focus on his own son. I was very offended, and upset about this, as I felt it was none of her business the arrangements my spouse and I make in our home with MY kids. She also did not want my kids around when her son was visiting as she claimed he needs to spend time with his son only she thinks and feels HER son only deserves my spouses love, support, and attention. One time we planned a camping trip with the family, and I invited my nephews for the weekend to spend camping with us. She made a huge deal out of that, and said her son was not going that my spouse should be taking his son by himself and questioned his priorities.We still went on our camping trip as a "family" thankfully. I feel I am slowly being replaced.. I feel jealous of my spouses biological son as they actually share a special natural bond that is glowing now. I feel I am sometimes being pushed to the back burner, and we have talked about our feelings and I feel I am making things more difficult with my insecurities that I am feeling . His parents are very supportive of him and his biological son, they are thrilled as well to have another grand child in their large family. I have fear on how it will effect my kids later on life, if they will notice anything. If my spouse and I do something together one weekend, his family is questioning why his son is not with us doing something, and if we do something with my kids one day, without his son, then my spouse is shamed and feels guilty from the feedback, they think his son has to be with us every weekend and on every family plans we do even if it something spontaneous in the moment.My spouse is feeling A LOT OF pressure from everyone close in his life, from his girlfriend, his mom, his siblings, his son and his sons mom.

For my spouse, having a biological son, something that is his own flesh and blood means a lot to him. He has been solely focused on making his son take after him. He loves sports, his son never played a lot of sports (his mom could not afford it) but as of last fall he started baseball (my spouse is a great ball player) anything that my spouse wants to see him do he puts his son in it. He has done a lot to make sure he has everything he needs. The mother is always calling regarding money for something the son needs, from dentist appointments, to school clothes, to hot lunches, to new shoes, to summer camps, a new bike, My spouse has been so thrilled and excited to actually have a son he can call his own now, that I also often wonder if he ever will ever want another child. This is something we talked about for the past 2 years was, having a baby. This idea is on hold at the moment. I have been more frustrated and angry about this that my emotions run wild. My spouse now wants his biological son to come and live with us in the near future. I felt very angry about this and I told him I did not want this to happen right now, or anytime soon that it was WAY to early. my spouse says his son told him he wants to live with him, and I find it really really hard to completely believe as the son is very close to his mom. He tells her EVERYTHING, even small lies when he goes home, and she gives him everything he wants at their house. My spouse even noted he finds his son "spoiled". I find it all to soon, but of course my spouse and his family think it is a GREAT idea. I feel overwhelmed that all my mixed emotions come out of me from all over. I cannot help it. I secretly cry because I am so worried.

Rags's picture

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Your DH is a Fricking idiot. As for him being thrilled and all about his son.... B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.... If he gave a flying frick about his spawn he would not have allowed his toxic skank whore of an XGF to kidnap and hold his child hostage for 12 years while doing next to nothing about it. Do not become the idiot that your DH obviously is by continuing to tolerate this crap.

That he tolerates BM and has invited her to have a significant influence in YOUR life is the last nail in DH's character coffin IMHO. That he does not smack the piss out of her (figuratively of course) every time she tries to guilt him with her "focus on your kid" crap after she kidnapped, held the kid hostage, and extorted money out of your DH for more than a decade tells me all about the ball-less wonder you married.

Time to put a foot up DH's ass and let him know he either gets reasonable over this or he gets gone. Own his ass. Take him for everything you possibly can and get your own children away from this frickin idiot and his complete lack of character. He does not give a crap about his kid. His kid is nothing but a shiny new toy and an excuse to abandon you and your marriage.

Time to give DH clarity and bring the pain. Make his life one of abject misery until he either gains clarity or he is long gone.

Whatever you do please do not pollute your own gene pool by spawning with this asshole.

Do yourself a favor and build your exit plan. Work the plan. Put this POS and his ball-less characterless drama in your rear view mirror and get your kids away from this toxic cesspool drama.

IMHO of course.

Good luck.

Shake.it.off.'s picture

The biological mother is or was never an ex girlfriend. If I mention this he always corrects me. He was 19 years old and it was a one night fling. Shortly after she contacted him saying she was pregnant. For all he knows it might not even be his biological son. However, he did go to court an get access when he was younger she just didn't follow through on his end and took off with her new husband and their kids to be their own family. Your right he could of tried a lot harder to get access. I have mentioned this to him.

Shake.it.off.'s picture

I do view her as a threat. I have since one week after she came back into his life. We have fought about it so much. He just reassures me that she is only the BM of his son and that they only discuss things about their son. I gave him the option six months ago to just leave, I told him ' I'll understand if you need to be with her for your sons sake but don't stroll me along ' he thought it was crazy. He told me I have no reasons to feel threatened by her . I already am well aware she is trying to move herself into my spouse. I just didn't want to accuse him of Anything unless I had proof he was doing something to give her that impression, so far I don't hear him respond by text or phone call to her crap. He once told her not to phone him unless it was about the son. Now she calls him to talk to him about everything to do with the son. About his schooling. About problems at school. About behaviour. About homework. Usually two or three times a month. I don't know what to say to him, besides tell him how I feel and he just responds with there is nothing for me to worry about he would never ever have anything to do with her like that, and he even said ' she took off with my son and had every excuse to keep him from me' I have no respect for her' . He is angry about it I can see in his tone of voice, but I don't know how to handle it myself. The son wants his dad to himself. She guilts my spouse, my spouse knows this . Yesterday she phoned and said " your son really misses you " my spouse responded " I miss him to and he's spending the weekend with me I'm picking him up after work today " she says " well he doesn't want to stay the whole weekend because he wants to go to church Sunday morning to see his friends" . My spouse told me he thinks she was just telling him that to make him feel guilty as he didn't see him the weekend before .

Shake.it.off.'s picture

I also am prepared to leave. Yes. I have given this thought. I really have no choice. My children's father and I were together for several years, when he had cheated on me with a mutual friend. I packed my kids up and left, so This is not my first rodeo with a man cheating on me.

Indigo's picture

Don't add a baby to your relationship unless you are 100% committed to raising that child by yourself. IMO. DH does not appear to be a great father, nor to be a great parent.

Don't go off your birth control until DH actually goes to court and gets an order in place. Back child support for all the years he could not be bothered to be a parent? Let him get that squared up. AFTER the court order is in place and the visitation schedule ironed out, then you might open up discussion with DH about another child.

Don't forget that the 12 year old may move in full-time. Frequently young teens wish to spend more time with the parent who has been missing. Most judges take a 12 year old's wishes regarding custodial placement. Heck, BM could have a life change requiring a change in custody.

No, you are not alone with these feelings of resentment and concern for the dynamics of your family.

Shake.it.off.'s picture

My spouse did pay child support for all those years, except the first two years as he did not know the son existed. Which is understandable in my opinion. They were not dating or s couple when the child was conceived, it was a one night fling. They new each other from Hugh school apparently, and they were 19. Still no excuse though. However, the kid might not even be his biologically. He doesn't want to get a blood test, he says he just knows.