You are here

SKIDs gone on holiday with BM for 2 months!! woohoo

TakemySKIDS's picture

I am having a woohoo moment because my partner left the house a few minutes ago with SS6 and SD4. He is dropping them off at their mum's and they live tonight on a 2 month holiday in Europe.

My partner pays for the air fares because it's part of the agreement and she insisted the airline of choice be Singapore airlines. I used to get mad about spending $8K each year on her holiday(she claims it's not a holiday because she takes the kids with her!!) but now I'm so happy that me and my 5 month old daughter can have peace at last.

The little shits are gone and now I can relax.Woohoo!!

Modernworld1011's picture

Enjoy the summer and the quiet time. When my husband's kids are around, all needs to revolve around them even down to the food we eat. I think that is what makes being with the step kids difficult for so many, this need on their bio parent's part to upend an entire home for all to revolve around them, which displaces and disrupts roles of the others. It's like being dropped in a foreign country. I have no problem doing things with his children that they enjoy, but not everything all the time. He becomes this social director running himself ragged and turning everything upside down. So, by the time they leave, there is this huge sense of "my life is, back things are familiar, and no one expects hot dogs to be dinner each and every night." Same for you? Enjoy your peace and the return of some normalcy!

TakemySKIDS's picture

This is the only place i can safely rejoice and celebrate without being judged. Modernworld1011 - you are so right. Normalcy at last.

For the last 2 days my baby hasn't slept well because the SKIDs run through the house and with floorboards its like having elephants running through the room. They are always whinging and whining about something and refuse to eat what I cook. Fine by me, they can eat the crappy chicken nuggets and chips they enjoy so much. Forget my lasagne and quiche that I make - more for me then.

Today they took all their bedding from their already filthy room and some of their toys and ecided our bed was going to be their play area. My partner kept saying no jumping on the bed in a voice which the kids knew he didnt mean it at all. Eventually I went into our bedroom grabbed theiur shit of our bed and told them to jump on their own bed or their mothers/

i don't know about everyone else but my bedroom is not a playroom. It's my sanctuary, my place to rest and don't see why dolls, soccer balls and other toys should cover my bed, not forgetting the dirty footprints!!

Today we were woken up at 630am because they decided to start singing on their sing along mike!!I feel horrible because parts of me wants them to 'disappear' while they are on holiday.

Modernworld1011's picture

Oh gosh how correct you are because society has no tolerance for stepmothers to complain ever. I come here for the company and support too!

It comes down to their parents, like your and my spouse whose discipline follow through is so non existent that it is laughed off and ignored. My pair still love to fight as in brawl physically in the middle of the living room. There is no respect for the property or the feelings of others.

Yes, you definitely need them to not be in your bedroom as that seems to be the bolt hole for most of us. I hide in the bedroom too. Definitely, you don't want that to be their play zone. I now realize why my bedroom is so nicely decorated and tended to, it is really where I spend most of my time.

Do yours play the opposite game if you like it they hate it and such? Junk food over real food reigns here, and the father just permits it. When we go to restaurants we have to call to make certain that the food is junky enough.

I feel for you and your baby because they seem to have no sense of respect for her need for peace and quiet. Sadly, I think you will need to keep her away from them as it does not sound as though they will be the good role models one would want for a young child. I just hope your husband does not do that two sets of rules thing like mine does. My ex oddly enough was the same too, much harder on his daughter with me than he was on his daughter with his ex.

Enjoy your summer. May peace live a long reign!

Accordn2L's picture

I'm jealous! Wonder if I paid for an extra plane ticket if she would take my SD8 too? I mean what's one more right?

TakemySKIDS's picture

Sorry to gloat peeps but i am sooo enjoying this...!!

Quick question, my SKIDs and their dad are very untidy. When I first joined this family I'd always tidy the kids room, even encouraged gim to buy shelves because besides the bed all the toys and books were on the floor.

BUT, after moving in, I realised I was treated like a housemaid. My partner makes no effort to tell the kids to pick stuff up or help them clean. I know they are young( 4 & 6) and i don't expect them to do a proper clean - just pick up stuff from the floor that's all.

they have dinner and just walk away and leave their plates, glasses, cutlery on the table.

They left last Sunday and till this day their room looks like a tip. I am now very comfortable with closing the door and pretending the room doesn';t exist.
When my 4 year old niece visits she's so cute and even helps me unpack the dishwasher...LOL and she will always take her plate to the kitchen. But not my SKIDS.

Why should i clean up after kids who only talk to me when forced to by their dad????