You are here

Weekend vent...

borrowedtime83's picture

I will try to not make this super long and boring, but I am still irritated about this weekend.
My BS11 does not live with me. His father and I have been in a custody battle since he was 5, and I ran out of money to fight him about 2 years ago, so now my visitation with him is every other Saturday for as long as his dad "allows" me to have him, and if he doesn't make other plans. I was not able to see him the last time since my mom was hospitalized, and he told me I could keep him longer Saturday because of that.
AND THEN- SO's mom decides that we have all have to go to a parade that SO's sister is marching in, which is about 50 miles away from my house, and an additional 35 away from my son's house. And then after the parade, we get the added bonus of taking SD8 home with us for the rest of the weekend! YAY. Because we don't see her enough when she is here Sunday afternoon through Friday EVERY WEEK. And of course her lazy mom does not care that she got picked up early. And we can't fit both car seats(for BD5 and SD8)in the economy car, and we can't afford gas to drive the jeep all over town, so than guess what happened? MY son had to go home early to accomodate for us being forced to take stupid SD8 home with us.
So then we finally get to the parade after being harassed the whole way down with phone calls as to where we were every 5 minutes, and my daughter runs over to SD8 excited to see her, and she immediately yells "NO! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!!" and sticks her finger in my kid's face. Grandma was sitting there watching and didn't say a word. And of course SD8 was in a new outfit, because BM didn't have any clothes that fit her, so grammy had to take her on a shopping spree. Gag, vomit.
I told SO he should just go by himself, but apparently that was not acceptable. It was more acceptable that I drive 70 miles to go pick up my son and bring him to our house for about 4 hours, bring him back home, then drive to a parade, which was just a formality to pick up SD8, and have my whole weekend ruined because SO can't tell his mom no. Sheesh.

keeponstriving's picture

You need to disassociate from the stepkids immediately. Always you should politely decline when his plans pertaining to his daughter conflict with your plans pertaining to your son. Do not over extend yourself for his family. His family will always be his family. His family will never be your family.

I thought I dodged a bullet getting together with a man who had a grown daughter. No such look. She is 32 yo and still gives me the creepy eye. My SO tries to trick me into seeing her. However I am onto his games. I decline all invitaions that involve her or her family. She hates my guts. She has no reason to hate me, as she does not know me, so I feel my SO secretly hates my guts. I already talked to him about that. Fortunately I am not mattied to him, because a threesome (me him and his daughter) would be too many people. He has his qualities. When his daughter is not around I can pretend we are a couple.