You are here

Just....EWWW!!!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Was cleaning house today because friends are coming over to watch BS19's first college game. I'm seriously so glad that SheSloth went to BM's....don't have to listen to her go on and on to our friends about guard crap! Anyway...was vacuuming the TV room when I got to the corner over by where SheSloth sits. What I found was just gross...nails!!! I don't know if it was fingernails or toenails, but they were all over the floor in that corner! And not just one instance of nails...no, there were far too many! Looks like this just dropping her nails on the floor of the TV room has been going on for a while! It was just gross!! It was almost as gross as the "science experiment in a glass" she had going on over there as well! I made sure to bring it up to DH..."Ok...seriously...you need to have a talk with SD15 about general use areas of the house! They are not her place to leave her crap and the nails? Yeah, that's just gross!!!!!" I'm seriously scared to pull up the couch cushions!

And this morning, DH was complaining about SheSloth not getting back up at the school until nearly 2 am after last night's game! Guess he wanted sympathy. Nope!!! BD23 did 4 years of marching band and BS19 did 6 years if football, so that the last 9 years I've done those late to early morning pick-ups (one year, BD23's band and BS19's football overlapped, so it was 2 nights a week I did pickups...middle school football was on Thursdays). IF SheSloth stays in guard and graduates high school, most he has to do is 4 years!

Frustr8d1's picture

Yeah, my SD11 does some really gross shit in my house too and I CAN'T STAND IT!!

Orange County Ca's picture

Is it too late to put them in her bed? Seriously it would be worth emptying the vacuum bag to retrieve them. Not a word to Dad.

I've found females are more likely to do this stuff, males usually leave the big stuff around, beer/soda cans, pizza boxes etc.

furkidsforme's picture

I will trade you. My SS17 has containers of food with maggots in it in his closet. With his clothes. DH doesn't see the issue.

I would take nail clippings over that any day.

Rags's picture

The worst we had to deal with when SS-22 was that age was his tendency to cram every stitch of his dirty clothing in a single load then leave it in the washing machine wet for a few days. We just dumped all of his mildewed clothes in the middle of his bed and closed the door. He often smelled like a mushroom farm when he headed out the door for school. We would stop him and tell him she should change and invariably he would whine "But these clothes are clean!!!!!"

He finally figured it out when one of his favorite white shirts had mildew stains on it that would not come out. He finally started doing smaller loads and putting them directly in the dryer when the buzzer went off.

We had showed him countless times how to sort his laundry, appropriate load sizing, runnign the washer and dryer, etc... But, he had to learn for himself and he smelled nasty for quite a while until he learned.

I wish this was something that SheSloth would get a clue about, but her room is quite the sty, too! She really doesn't care. She has had people in her room, but I'm guessing her friends are as big a slobs as she is! When it comes to personal appearance, she has to be spot on, however!

Wish I would have thought about leaving the clippings in her bed. Would have been interesting to see if she ever noticed!

Takenforgranted 20's picture

Lol yeah been their too, my sd will not shower for over 2 weeks an when she does will put her dirty underwear back on!!! Even during that time of the month!!! Would find plates of food under bed, blow her nose an throw snotty tissues on floor all around house for me to pick up. Once took her used pad an placed it into kitchen sink In bag cause couldn't be bothered walk a couple metres to the bin. Also had her boyfriend sleeping in her room an after they moved out found my daughters clothes covered in sperm an body fluids thrown into cupboard or put back between other clean clothes daughters clothes were in their as it was her room an she had to give it up to this selfish brat sd. Mind you everything stated above has happens between all 3. But all 3 don't shower or change their undies bio mum has certainly did a fab job!!!'

Let's see how SheSloth like toe nails in bed!!!

I vacuumed on Saturday after SheSloth left for BM's. She came home yesterday around 8:00 p.m., and was sitting in the TV room for a bit. This morning, I noticed she left her trash on the end table again...and as I look down, I see more nails! Now, she didn't have clippers with her, which means she was over there picking her toes (the nail width, obviously toe nails)! I got some tweezers and a napkin, carefully collected them, and then flung them in her bed! And NO, DH never discussed her disgusting habit with her! Game on, princess!

I seriously wanted to scream! I just saw it and thought to myself, "You come home and find a clean house...hint hint clue clue!" I mean, how can someone who is so vain and cares about her appearance so much be so gross! I remember a couple of years ago when DH had a friend come over to help SheSloth clean her room, and her bed was moved. The wall behind the bin next to her bed had dried boogers all over it! Girl would just lay in bed, pick her nose, and wipe it on the wall! Oh, that is right, she can't bother to ask for toilet paper, so she has nothing to tend to her nose with. I really wanted to puke! There is lazy, and then there is SheSloth! I'm thinking she will not even notice I put the nails in her bed! She will probably just brush em out and go on, if she even does that!

ladyhutch's picture

SD left a used maxi pad on my pillow after i gently confronted her about hygiene and her habit of leaving them on the kitchen, bathroom counter, floor of her room, in her underwear in the laundry. She also hoarded dirty dishes and half eaten food in her room and under her bed. I'd take toenails any day over that nastiness.

positivelyfourthstreet's picture

Ick!

I never ever ever heard of anything that disgusting until I came to this site.

Filthy dirty nasty beyond belief

ladyhutch's picture

Has she been hanging out with my SD? Because it seems they share a disdain for hygiene. I did that...took pictures, lol. I sent them to my husband.

lintini's picture

I love the bed idea from Orange County. I am a huge fan of putting back dirty boxers, filthy socks, and plates onto ss12's pillow and in the bedding. His bedding hasn't been washed since we moved here in March. :jawdrop:

ladyhutch's picture

didn't work for us. We tried hauling her filthy, half eaten food dishes out of her closet and under her bed and putting them on it. she just shoved them aside and snuggled in her used maxi pads and popcorn covered bed and slept in it, happy as a clam. Gross.

I brought up the toe nails again to DH last night. I didn't tell him what I did with them, just that I found toe nails again in the same spot just hours after SheSloth was home...after I had just vacuumed the floor! I told him again how disgusting it was! He finally mentioned it to SheSloth who claimed "Oh, I must have not realized I was doing it!" Can I call BS on that please? Yes, she is claiming she don't realize she was picking her feet and just dropping her toe nails on the floor...this is her claim. "I guess it's just a habit." In other words, excuse to tell DH that she doesn't intend to stop doing it...because...well...she doesn't even know it's happening! This is her new excuse with BS19 gone! When he was at home, it was blame him. Now that he's gone, she doesn't realize or remember doing things!

Guess I won't realize that I'm putting all those toe nails in her bed!

Calypso1977's picture

these mothers and fathers today dont teach their kids ANYTHING.

i started with pads and i remember my mom showing me the little pouch with the flowers on it that it came in and how it was important to always wrap the used pad before putting it in the trash because it wasnt polite to have someone see a used pad openly in the trash. Imagine that. she was MORTIFIED at the thought of someone seeing a used pad IN THE TRASH where it belongs, unwrapped. In a million years im sure it never dawned on her to tell me the used pad needed to go into the trash, that was just assumed!!!

Oh, and don't forget how it was stressed upon us that once puberty kicked it, it was even more important for us girls to shower well...maybe even two showers a day. I remember mom telling me that my "changes" meant I would have more B.O., my hair would get oilier, etc...especially since I was in athletics. I regularly took two showers a day! One after athletics, and one at night before bed! And I was required to shower after bed, as both my mom and step-dad had to take showers in the morning before work, and there wasn't enough hot water for all 3 of us to take showers in the morning. My bathroom trash had to be emptied at least a couple of times a week, ESPECIALLY if it was that time, and I was responsible for it. I would actually get a day of grounding if I didn't do it!

There is a misconception that boys are the dirtiest, but I'm finding more and more these days that girls are starting to take the lead. I talk to other people, and they are finding the same thing, especially parents who have boys and girls. They say the same thing...they expect the boys to be dirtier, but it is the girls they are always having problems with! Makeup all over the bathroom, used pads, dishes in bedrooms, smells. Crazy. Oh, and don't get me started about ladies' restrooms!

Right, Sally? In the little country town school I went to, there was a washer and dryer in the Home Economics room. So, if us girls had a bit of an accident, we would go put on our PE/Athletic shorts, and the teacher would let us immediately wash our jeans and what not in cold water. She would even switch it to the dryer for us. Smile Most of us kept a gym bag or something with an extra pair of undies and jeans in our lockers for such situations. And for girls who maybe didn't have a change of clothes, the Home Economics teacher would keep some sweats around that could be borrowed. She was really cool!

Rags's picture

We were fortunate. SS was not a nose picker/booger wiper or particularly disgusting hygiene creature, but he was a finger and toe nail picker. He would pick them rather than cut them. Fortunately he also put them in the trash rather than dropping them on the floor or furniture.