You are here

Ok, is your SkidMark back to "normal" now that Xmas is over?

Calypso1977's picture

Like clockwork, SD14 got the pricey boots she wanted for Christmas from my fiance and she went right back to ignoring him and being a generally ungrateful little shit after being so icky sweet nice since about September 1st.

To boot, the boots were slightly too big. She needs a size smaller. Instead of my fiance making her keep them at our house, where we would ensure they wouldnt be worn, he lets her bring them home. now she refuses to bring them back to get the proper size, probably because she wore them all over town and they cant be returned. I highly doubt at 14 that she will grow into them now.

Will he EVER LEARN?

All she gave him was a $25 gift card to CHeesecake Factory (we dont even eat there, so it was totally a gift for HER because she wants him to take her there as he refuses to take her to restaurants). She got him a card. I got zilch from her, not even a card, not that i care or expected anything. Of course when i said that to my fiance he was like "that's my fault, i usually get something and put her name on it". whatevs. no point spending our money for a gift for ourselves.

Worn-out's picture

I got NOTHING from my kids, step-kids, brother, father and husband. So I'm glad that since I really got "next to nothing" from them last year, but went all out for all of them, I decided to get them all NOTHING this year too.

I guess it all came out even in our house. They all got lots... for the fourth year in a row I got absolutely nothing for Christmas.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

I am so sorry. I wouldn't get any of them anything for birthday or Christmas from now on. Can you go buy yourself something nice and make sure your husband pays for it?

onthefence2's picture

My kids are 12 and 13 and have been taking care of Christmas for a few years now. They either earn money or make things to give. If you are still doing this for SKIDS you are a sucker. And if you are putting up with a husband that doesn't get you anything for Christmas, I can only imagine what the rest of the year is like.

Calypso, to answer your question. No...he won't ever learn Smile

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SheSloth actually got worse! Got her presents and moved out, and is now doing all she can to avoid DH! She didn't even try to get DH anything!!! But you can bet she texted DH the other day asking when she could get the rest of her Christmas money he promised her! If I were him, I'd tell her to forget about that extra cash...he promised her that before she stabbed him in the back!

a_nessy_life's picture

Perhaps you can point out to your DH the same snippet that I enlightened mine on. If SheSloth is anything like her mother and expects something for nothing just because "Dadddddddddy Promiiiiiiiissssed" then the guy who ends up with her can thank DH for her entitlement attitude.

The dynamics between a father and teen (or any aged) child should be a two-way street with each living up to the others reasonable expectations. If the child thinks that it's ok to diss and disrespect Dad and SM, then expect to reap unfavorable rewards. SheSloth would be out-of-luck and informed sternly that if she thinks that Daddy's attitude is unfair, she can try that same attitude on her mom and see where she gets.

SheSloth is a "mini-me" of BM! DH refuses to see it, but it is as plain as day! She tries the same attitude with BM, BM just lets her do what she wants to not deal with her! That girl has run that house for years!!! When she has gotten in trouble, it is because her stepdad has finally had enough! I'm certain that stepdad has taken up drinking again last week, because that is the only way he can deal with the girl!

a_nessy_life's picture

Your DH must be blind .....

My DH is under no delusions that his daughter is JUST like her mother. He says that this fact makes it very hard to talk to her or be around her. He keeps hoping that she will grow in to her own person, but we haven't seen that yet. Prolly just keep being the same as BM.

DH is always talking about SheSloth growing into her own person...becoming the person she is supposed to be. UGH! Just makes me want to barf when he does. I want to smack him and say, "Are you that blind? This girl is just like her mother!! You can't stand her mother, but you keep putting up with this girl's crap?"

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

SD19 and SD13 have summer birthdays. This year was the first year I didn't do one SINGLE thing for their birthdays. The same thing went for Christmas, I didn't buy them one thing except for candy from Amazon. I was with DH and he brought up stocking stuffers, so I suggested chocolates and such. Half of it is in my room. }:) Turns out SD19 bought me a coffee mug and a huge bottle of yummy lotion. They were nice gifts and I was pleased, tried to not feel too guilty.

So, DH bought all of the Christmas gifts for the skids, wrapped everything, and did all of the name tags. I noticed on the name tags that he signed them from "D-S-S" using the first initials of our names. So, my "name" was on the gift tags, but I didn't do any of the legwork. I don't think the skids noticed.

What they DID notice was that not all of the gifts under the tree were for them lol. They each got maybe 6 things from DH, but DH and I bought each other about double what the skids got. It was nice, because DH knows how rough this year has been for me. I still currently have his sac in a vice, hoping he'll parent more, though.

To Worn-out above, I'm so sorry you didn't get any gifts. That is unheard of, not even from your DH!? Take yourself out for a pedicure and enjoy the afternoon. Sending hugs your way. Smile

~ Moon

bibleofdreams's picture

yes exactly. my spouse had surgery and couldn't come to dinner so I was in charge of taking care of him, and the little one ,and SD couldn't be bothered to do her god damn chores without someone hounding her. I hate this. She knows better.