You are here

Someone Call "Electronic Protective Services"

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

DH was given an old Macbook yesterday by one of his clients. And when I say old, I mean older than his, which is at least 5 years old. What did DH do? He spent all evening getting it all nice and set up for the princess to have! Poor, poor laptop! It's life is about to come to an end! DH was saying last night that we need to get a battery for it, because it will not work if it is unplugged. I happily reminded him that my laptop has been in this condition for about a year now (those rechargables do get to the point they will no longer hold a charge), and that I would not be okaying the purchase of SD15's laptop battery until I am able to replace my own...as my own is more important (I use it for everything not related to my day job...budget, online training for my personal trainer stuff, researching exercise plans, etc.). He agreed, and said, "Well, we just need to have it on the list of things that would be nice to get here soon." Bwahahahaha! Personally, those batteries are not cheap, and I'm not shelling out $50-$100 on a battery for something that will be broken before Christmas! If she doesn't break this laptop, I will be in total shock. Bad thing is, the laptop has a camera, so the world is no longer safe from the daily flood of selfies!

As for the issue of SD15 not taking a lunch with her on Thursday and Friday of last week, I did mention it to DH Friday evening. I showed him the jelly and the mayo still in the pantry, and noted how much of the bread was left. DH did confront SD15 about it Saturday morning. She gave him some song and dance that she took XYZ left overs on Thursday, and shared a friend's lunch on Friday...keep in mind that Friday was the day that she told DH that her lunch was in her bag and that she didn't have a mess to clean up in the kitchen because she didn't make one! Well, I'm off of work all this week...with BS19's college move in and the two trips to his school (which means 12 hours on the road each trip), I wanted to also burn some of the leave I have to use or lose. I felt like I needed some "me" time. Yesterday while making my breakfast, I noted that the jelly had moved from the pantry to the fridge, but the bread looks like it has been untouched. I opened the jar of peanut butter to see how much was left so I could note for my trip to the store before we left for the weekend. This morning, I see that the bread has been moved, but there is still the same amount of bread there as there was on Friday when I pointed stuff out to DH. The peanut butter had moved, so I opened the jar, and it looked exactly the same as it did the day before! Also, I ran the dishwasher last night when we went to bed, and there was no knife in the sink or dirty knife in the dishwasher. As a matter of fact, there were no normal table knives in there at all (ran and emptied the dishwasher Friday). I also recall that I didn't hear any movement in the kitchen this morning. So what is SD15 up to? She realized we were on to her, so now she is just moving food around to make it look like she is taking a lunch to eat? If that is the case, this thing is getting serious, and DH really needs to get to addressing it! Last night, SD15 tried to get away with eating only one fish taco and no sides (one taco is one small corn tortilla, 1/2 a tilapia fillet, slaw, pico, and avocado sauce...so you can see, only like 150 cal per taco). She claimed she was full. I do have to hand it to DH, he did make her eat a second taco, and the beans and rice sides. Seriously, that is probably all the girl ate yesterday.

Oh, and the mess has already started! It started while I was gone Sunday/Monday with BS19 up at his school! Cups, socks...can't wait for SD15 to try to claim they aren't hers! Well who's are they? Casper's?

AllySkoo's picture

LOL!

AllySkoo's picture

Yeah, that's concerning if she's just moving stuff around and trying that hard to fake you out. I'm even MORE concerned that your DH isn't all over this. *sigh* I know you've tried to get him to address it, he's being an idiot.

Yeah, if she is just shifting food around, that is super weird! I mean, it shows how desperate she is to not eat!

Orange County Ca's picture

Maybe you should get him a book on anorexia off of Amazon.com or a local bookstore and give it to them. Meanwhile I'm glad your description indicates that you're letting him handle it and only giving him input and support behind the scenes.

Calypso1977's picture

is she getting noticeably thinner? if not, is there a chance she's just shoveling in junk outside of the home that you arent aware of? Im just wondering if she's ever overheard you discussing your concerns with your DH and is doing all of this song and dance just to screw with you. i put nothing past these damn manipulators.

SD15 did actually gain some weight this summer. She tends to go through periods of bingeing and starvation. First part of the summer, she was on heavy binge, and when you already mess up your metabolism, doesn't take much to gain weight. Yes, she was purging, too, but what many who do this don't realize is that the body already absorbs a good deal of calories from a binge before they can purge the food out of their systems (especially if they are like sitting around for about an hour stuffing their face the whole time). That is why you will find many bulimics are actually still a bit overweight. My guess is that she is now in the starvation mode because she gained that weight, and is desperate to get rid of it before school starts!

This morning, I noticed the bread wasn't touched. The peanut butter was moved again. She knows that the food is being watched, as DH pointed this out to her, which is why I think she started moving the food around.

DH already had to perform a repair on the laptop! Supposedly, the laptop was on her bed, and one of the dogs jumped on her bed and popped some keys (so she claims...not sure why the dogs were even in her room...this happened before we got home yesterday while SD15 was here by herself). It was an easy fix, but still a prime example of how little she thinks of such things! I never leave my laptop open on a chair, couch, bed, etc that the dogs may jump on. Common sense! Oh, yeah...SD15 doesn't have that! Not to mention, SD15 has already been told several times not to leave the laptop sitting on her bed as it will not allow the laptop to get air and it will overheat (thus causing other damage). Doesn't listen! Yup...that laptop's days are numbered!

Food situation? No band this week. SD15 was up early this morning, and was already planning on heading to a friend's house and would be spending the night there. Apparently DH already said it was okay. SD15 didn't eat anything before she left, and not sure if she ate anything at the friend's. SD15 was at BM's the entire time we were gone, and she tends to not eat there...says there is never any food (which I find hard to believe as BM is the size of a house...seriously).