You are here

For Anyone Familiar With Myspace

CrystalRE's picture

This question is for those of you who have a Myspace page or are familiar with how Myspace works:

A couple of months ago my husband and his ex got into an argument over email. She ended up accusing me of "stalking her" through her Myspace page. I have a Myspace page and knew that she also had one but have no idea where she gets the stalking thing from. I decided, however, that if I'm going to be accused of it I might as well check it out. What I found kind shocked me...she is mimicking me. She uses pictures eerily similar to mine, her status and mood are almost identical to mine...etc. What do you make of this? Am I just being paranoid? Has anyone ever experienced this?

JMC's picture

JamaicanMeCrazy
DISNEY LIED...THERE IS NO 'HAPPILY EVER AFTER'

myspace page listed as "private" for friends only. If you do that the only thing that can publicly be seen is your picture and comment, mood status, & last log in date. I've been through hell & back over the blogs I posted on myspace, thanks to the SD's and their family, so it's easier to just keep it private among my friends and family.

northernsiren's picture

some applications you can add to see a visitor map, i.e. when and where someone is from when they visit your page. FH has that application on his page, and apparently my mom is stalking him, and she's not even on myspace, LOL....

Maybe someone in your town is looking at her page and she's assuming it's you? As for the rest, it really depends. Are you using the standard "I took this pic of myself" pic? About a million other people have it too. If you really want to know switch your mood to something like "ninja" or "jedi" something completely random....

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

CrystalRE's picture

I suspected that I was just being paranoid so I tried that. I set my profile to private so all anyone could see was my profile pic, status and mood. Its really eerie because if I have a pic of my husband and I up, she changes hers to a picture of her and her boyfriend. If I have a picture of the kids and I, she changes hers to a picute of her and the kids....and so on. Same thing with the mood. I have changed it to all kinds of crazy things that are completely random and hers is the EXACT same within a day.

JMC's picture

JamaicanMeCrazy

to set her up! Put something totally crazy out there - bait her - and see what happens. I have a cute pic of two dogs that is hilarious and perfectly fitting that I could send to you. It sounds like she's the stalker, not you. There's not much you can do about it, just keep blogs, pics, comments, etc. private and change your pic & mood status frequently. Even with the applications NS was talking about, unless she is actually threatening you, there's nothing myspace administrators will do about it. Or as a last ditch effort, you could delete your page and start a new one. Eventually she'd figure it out and haunt you again. No matter what kind of mood I'm in or would like to post,I always put happy, positive stuff public so certain people don't think they're getting to me.

*He/she who angers you, controls you.

CrystalRE's picture

It doesnt bother me that she is doing this I just think it is totally weird! I dont understand why she would want to do it??? I think its actually pretty funny that she is so pathetic! Maybe I'll change it to horny and put a picture of a stripper up there and see what she does Wink I wonder if the bazaar behavior will ever end.

JMC's picture

JamaicanMeCrazy

She'd probably flip out! That's so funny because on one of my email names my name is "candiecaine" and I do have an avatar that could be construed as a stripper! My DH uses the same avatar on his poker sites - it's a riot!

CrystalRE's picture

A pic of some dude in a**less chaps will do the trick!

We are going to court for custody of my sk'd in April. My husband asked me if I think she is trying to set me up to make it look like I am harrassing her. I hate to think she is that crazy??? What do you think?

Sasha's picture

...is that you can't post stuff for public consumption and then try to dictate who can or cannot access it. When you post information on a public venue, you forfeit a certain amount of privacy. Simply put, if you don't want anyone to see it, then don't post it.

So tell her to go pound sand.