You are here

Around what age do kids pick up on odd Behavior in another kid

Stepparentsue's picture

As is the most Immature and annoying brat there is. This is a Product of being the baby in the family. SS is in 6th grade but Behaves like a seven-year-old. He refuses to learn how to tie his shoes so every pair he gets he cuts the laces down then knots them so he can just slip them on like slippers. If he gets hurt 99 percent of the time results in him Over exaggerating. Crying, needing a ice pack, Tylenol and being Cater to.  I DONT mean falling out of a tree broken arm hurt but like banging his foot on the couch or getting Scratched by the dog. He’s a VERY picky eater. Won’t touch Vegetables or most fruits. The only meat he will eat is basic chicken. Holidays at the Relatives are “fun” as SS as he won’t eat Turkey or other Traditional food. He ends up eating mashed Potatoes and bread. Still needs a nightlight. Has no problem picking his nose and eating it in clear view. 

Ive given up on BM or SO in fixing this and now hoping the kids at school will pick up on SS Immature Annoying as hell behavior and start to  Embarrass him badly. Im sure if he gets picked on the behavior will stop or at least get better as he’s such a Sensitive pain in the ass. Now this unfortunately has not happened yet. I’m sure SS is not so needy at school and maybe able to hide it better but still somethings can’t be hidden like not being able to tie his shoes! 

So my question is around what age do kids start to notice AND more importantly alienate kids like SS? 

stepmominhiding's picture

My sd is seriously the female version of your ss, seriously,  but she's officially a freshman now.... could you imagine?  She always wants tylenol or ibuprofen for every little bump, headache, menstrual cramp, sunburn. She is a teenage baby. 

Usually middle school they will start realizing that they are growing up and their "friend" isn't.  But then all the coddled infantile children ban together and form a group of friends. 

ITB2012's picture

...they eventually find friends who are also like that, maybe as late as HS. Then your SO gets a whole new excuse when something happens: "but he finally has friends." Be prepared for your SO to also get misty eyed because of extreme happiness that the kid has a peer group and gives in to every request that involves that group (to the point of ignoring and even defending when the kid break house rules like curfew).

Stepparentsue's picture

Up in till SS started six grade he was pretty much friendless. I Chalk it up to the fact SS is this rotten Immature weird spoiled brat who was mean to his classmates so they avoided him like the Plague. Starting in 6th grade SS would get and “Occasional” phone call and we would see him walk out of school with the same two or three kids. So far  nothing has real come from these casual friendship’s. No play dates or invites over. We have tried but SS really has no interest in having kids over. He wants all his time devoted to daddy. BUT what I have seen from these “Casual friends” are they are Immature nerdy like SS. Just what I DONT want as it will make SS look normal to SO as there are other kids like him! 

stepmominhiding's picture

That's exactly what will happen.  Sorry, but normal kids wont play with our weirdo infantile skids.