You are here

Birthday entitlement

wintersbutterfly's picture

Today is SD's 18th birthday. So DH sent flowers and a gift card to her favorite store- which is what she asked for.

Instead of thanking him she posts on his facebook wall complaining that he did not wish her a happy birthday on facebook. He checks his facebook maybe once a month, if that. No thank you for what she did get. She has to make sure that everyone on his facebook thinks he is an asshole and ignored her birthday.

OtterWater1's picture

LOL, I had a very close friend completely write me out of her life after 15 years of friendship because I didn't wish her a "happy birthday" on Facebook.
Unbelievable.

I'm sorry. Wish I could thump SD on the head for you.

I must be having a super sensitive day because this is making me feel bad for DH. She has always been greedy but she is making it look like he didn't do anything just because she did not get a facebook wall post? Ugh.

oldone's picture

My birthday was 3 weeks ago. I didn't even bother to look at all the Happy Birthday messages - didn't know half the people who sent me a msg.

If I were him I'd post this on her FB page:

"Flowers and a nice gift were ignored, and I was chastised for not posting birthday wishes on FB"
"How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child!" William Shakespeare

I am glad that I am not the only one who found this odd. I posted on her wall to wish her a happy birthday but my husband rarely goes on Facebook. I feel like she was just trying to make her friends think that he ignored her on her birthday, which is totally not the case. I rarely have anything to vent about on this site, so I feel bad for complaining, but that just blew me away.

SMof2Girls's picture

Next year he should skip the gifts. He can just log into FB and wish her a happy birthday there, since that appears to be what matters most to her.

What a brat ..

SMof2Girls's picture

One time .. and I mean ONE time .. my sister threw a fit because my mom bought her the wrong style of jeans for Christmas. She wanted flare legs, and my mom bought regular straight legs.

My mother AND father jumped in her case so fast it was ridiculous. She spent the rest of Christmas day punished to her room; only allowed out to visit with my grandma while she was visiting for dinner.

I'm lucky that my skids are not ungrateful brats (yet). We get them a modest amount of gifts for Christmas/birthdays because we're very aware they get two celebrations. They are always excited and very appreciative .. but they're also young. So let's hope they don't outgrow it Smile

Drac0's picture

SMH.

The dependency that the younger generation have social networking sites and other on-line tools is scary. Should FB go off-line for a few hours I am sure SD would exhibit addiction withdrawl symptoms.

fakemommy's picture

Sorry about that SD. Next year I'll skip the flowers and gifts and just wish you happy birthday on FB. (And I'll take my wife out with all the money I save!)