You are here

BM going away for about 6 months

Heregoesnothing's picture

I posted before about BM having a late miscarriage and how to explain it to SS6, who lives with us FT and has visitation every other weekend with BM. Well I guess she's all better now (miscarriage happened in late January) because she's heading to Mexico to learn Spanish for a month and then traveling and learning energy healing elsewhere in South America for several more months, she has a part time job at a local university, (r hours a week) which she is giving up and supposedly won't be returning to next semester.

She says she will be back once a month to see SS. I guess now we'll have to jump through hoops making sure they can see each other when she comes back? Thanks so much. We have to plan camp and our own summer vacation, we can't wait around so long, as my hubby has already asked her multiple times for approximate travel dates. I don't think she'll be spending the money to fly back very often, it's gotta be $2,000 every time?

All of her connections for this energy healing stuff (she's been studying it a year or two now) are on the west coast, (per her)she has traveled to Arizona, California twice since January. I wonder what the chances are that she will settle there. She says that she and her boyfriend are keeping their apartment in a local city, but I dont really think she wants to. This guy does not have roots here either. My DH is doubtful she will permanently return.

Does anyone have experience when a child goes from seeing the non custodial parent every week or two (sometimes she'll take him to dinner during the week) to once a month or less? Any expectations? His behavior is usually crappy the day before he leaves. She walked out on him when he was 15 months old and only started regular contact when I came into the picture when he was about 27 months. I worry that he might feel abandoned, especially because she is going with her boyfriend that SS doesn't like (he seems like a nice guy, why he's with crazy I don't know). Thanks!