You are here

confused about child support

12yrstepmonster's picture

Ok for starters I know what child support is and what it is suppose to cover. I was on another site reading some topics and stumbled along a complaint about NCP thinking that 20% of their income is enough to raise a child. at first I wanted to blast the poster.

Why is it that when you are the CP what you get isn't enough and when you are a NCP its enough.

I have walked both roads however I was grateful for the support I got. In 18 yrs I didn't take him to court. We've been amlicable, friendly and worked out what worked for both houses.

As a SM I only get angry when the question is posed can you help and we had to say no and we open up the email that says you are a blah blah blah horrible dad.

What I saw in this poster is what I have seen in BM. What you give me is not enough to raise your kids.

It is true DH 200 a week alone wouldnt be enough. Where is her amount. Are you telling me that 350 a week isn't enough?

And if they were living together wouldn't the there be a family budget that would have to be lived by. When I have be unemployed, we adjusted our family lifestyle. When DH h
as been laid off or not paid I adjusted our budget. The bms childsupport didn't get adjusted. We made due.

I don't understand the lack of ownership on some CPs part in the financial end.

Sorry about the rant