You are here

CS modification, just venting.

Betty79's picture

I have been waiting on pins and needles for the court papers to arrive in the mail regarding DH CS modification. Every three years (or by BM request) the child support is reviewed and usually goes up. The CS was reviewed and it of course went up (thanks to my husband getting a raise) BM contested the $100 increase b/c she wants more!! We pay the BM nearly $750 a month for ONE child. We are expecting our first child in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure that this was orchestrated to add stress to our happy new baby experience. Gah! It makes me so mad that she can stick her greedy little fingers into DH income whenever she wants! Sigh....thanks for letting me vent.

KirbyKat's picture

Wow, $750 is a LOT of money for one child, my DH doesn’t even pay that much for his 2 kids. I’m guessing your husband must have a very high income.
Congrats on your upcoming birth, don’t let this distract from your joy!!

smileygirl's picture

If it makes you feel any better, it's likely, depending on your state that upon the birth of your child your DH can request a review of his CS order and have it decreased due to his new dependant. BM is possibly aware of this but perhaps not.

My DH refused to request the review when my son was born and thus we pay about $2,000.00 a mnth for 2. I'm not sure if your DH is salary or hourly but I also recently discovered that in our state CS is not susposed to calculate using any OT pay however, it is calculated into every support order unless you hire an attorney to contest it. You may also want to have a lawyer review his order if they haven't already.

We won't be doing anything about it now, because DH doesn't want his babies to "suffer" but our lawyer found many "errors" in BM's favor in our order and advised us that in our state those "errors" are common practice.