You are here

DH asked me how to parent his child? I'm "old school" -LOL

ScornedSM's picture

DH asked me the other evening how to parent his 6 year old child?! }:)

Well DH, you start off by saying "no" once in awhile. You might want to learn how to (at the very least) put your kid in "time out." If that fails and tempers flair, you add yet another 30 minutes to that. }:) You might try not letting your child say very rude things to others, you know?

They are called basic MANNERS. (He asked) :sick:

I can't believe that people do not know how to raise a kid anymore? What?! :?

Like you are supposed to worship their presence and cater to them at various fast food establishments and let them wake you up 5 times a night saying they are "thirsty?" (there's water in your bathroom kiddo) :O

Yes, let them sleep with you and spend your every waking moment centered around them. That will teach them how to become respectable adults? Huh? :jawdrop:

ScornedSM's picture

On a lighter note* I will not be around for these visitations. I refuse, so it ALL is in my hubby's hands- God help him.

ScornedSM's picture

Serious!?

Can you believe that? It is because he and the ex hag never taught basic life skills, manners, discipline, and let the kid sleep in between them for over 4 years! Unfreakinreal.

jccomehere's picture

I feel you. I'm still trying to figure out how out of the 4 other adults (Mom and her BF, and Paternal GPs)around SS4 no one has taught this kid, PLEASE, MAY I, THANK YOU! BASIC MANNERS WTH, I don't know about them but I refuse to have a 4yr old run my household.

ScornedSM's picture

They act like raising kids today with these BASICS, are abusive standards.

What?! All of this side is unreal. DH, BM, IL's all of them let this kid do whatever the kid wants, like it's nothing?!

Not in my home around me. I'm waiting to find "broken" things now. Oh boy.

Hitting the dog when dad is not looking, etc.

Shaman29's picture

Exactly! When did it become okay for the kids to make all of the decisions and the parents to bow down to their requests??

DH got up early yesterday to watch one of the World Cup games, then went to work and was exhausted by the time he got home. His kid (on visitation) had a friend over and they wanted Burger King for dinner. So his plan was for us to grab something for dinner, go grocery shopping and then pick up his kid's special meal.

When I got home last night, I took one look at DH's face and knew he wouldn't make it to dinner, let alone shopping and buying crap for the girls. So I said we are having a change in plans, shopping tomorrow and we get a take-n-bake pizza and salad for dinner instead. He looked grateful and said okay. We walked to his kid's room to explain to her and her friend, no Burger King. We're picking up dinner and would have that instead. His kid got the look on her face and I said what's wrong, and her friend said "I think she really wanted Burger King instead." I said that's nice, we all want something and we won't die if we don't get it. Then I quoted the Rolling Stones, said see ya and DH and I left to pick up dinner.

Let me tell you, it was great to see the struck dumb look on his kid's face when she didn't get her way. :evil:

ScornedSM's picture

" You can't always get what you want...."

That's a good one. I can't believe the nerve of the so-called friend saying that to you. That is one that would either say, "I'm sorry, that was out of line", or would not be coming back over.

Why would you stop at BK AFTER going to the grocery store?! Tough luck, kiddo. Wow!