You are here

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience

dood's picture

... in reporting someone anonymously to the IRS?

The Bowel Movement has been cheating on her taxes for years now with an online business, which I've been tracking and she's got over $300,000 in annual sales... I shit you not... all while SO is busting his ass to send 'mo money...

It pisses me off and we want to report her.

dood's picture

Thanks... I honestly DO get it... I have business accounting experience, Cost of Goods Sold; overhead, etc., but common, profit on 300,000 - that's got to be pretty good, particularly when you have enough sales to hire help...

twoviewpoints's picture

If you can't get the IRS to care about it, perhaps you could go a different route. Can you use your documentation in a CS review/modification situation? If DH asks for income verification review and can show she makes far more than what her 'paycheck/tax returns' indicate, perhaps at least CS can be adjusted.

Why should BM get to hide a nice under the table side income while sticking it to Dad? If this were Dad doing the hide the income thing, BM would be all over it hunting down every last cent.

Monchichi's picture

In a situation like this and not knowing all the facts, I am really of the belief let sleeping dogs lie.

dood's picture

So we know that BM has used her DD's and mother's SS#s to skirt her income. When SO was getting dragged into court for mo money she bold face lied to SO's lawyer 3 count 'em 3 times about her income. First is was ZERO! "I Made ZERO last year" her mantra... but she needed to hand over her tax return and didn't want to (shouldn't have dragged everyone into court). Then she said she made 8,000... then she said 40,000.

We know she's cheating because she always cheated, however now she's in really big buck sales now. She's using her DH's business tax ID to sell merchandise which doesn't fit under his company's SIC code in any way. She doesn't pay or report sales tax and I know this for a fact, too.

She's sleazy and it irks me that she's getting away with it.

Jsmom's picture

As someone that works with SIC codes, I can tell you that they are inaccurate and generally misclassified. Only about 2% in this country have the right SIC code. Also, you can sell anything you want as long as you have the license, no one looks at the SIC code, except people like me that are trying to research the company for other purposes.

SIC codes are a real joke. NAICS are even worse.

dood's picture

Thanks, Jsmom- I didn't realize that the codes were pointless... (seems crazy...)

dood's picture

Well because in my state, she would have to have preposterous income for SO's support to decrease and the ratio is crazy - the lawyer didn't think it was a good fight, he suggested that the IRS route would probably be the better bet. I'm just not sure how to go about it, there seems to be a way to do it anonymously - I was just wondering if anyone has done that or know how it works/goes down.

Monchichi's picture

Were you asking about SARS (South African equivalent) I could tell you but please be sure you want to go this route. If any action is taken are you prepared for the backlash. If this cannot change your child support should you go there. I agree with Merrywey. You may well not like where this ends up.

Monchichi's picture

Ex's ALWAYS blame their former husbands/ wife when things like this go wrong. The more contentious or unpleasant the divorce was the worse the blame game is in my limited experience.

dood's picture

Ah... yeah okay, I get that. Really I just want to understand if anyone has done this and how it is done... I'm trying to get a little educated on the subject to get the ducks in a row. The "strike" isn't something that we'll do now, but we will do it - maybe soon, maybe years from now, but we will do it.

Frankly, I just would enjoy knowing that they'll be in hell getting audited.

This witch is all about the almighty dollar. She doesn't need the CS, she has money coming out of her ass. She dragged SO into court to demand money for college even tho their agreement clearly spells out "Neither parent can afford college", but off to court he went with a file box FULL of her income from her online sales.. judge wouldn't even look at it. She (yes she the judge) made SO pay mo money for college. This kid hasn't spoken to her father in over a year (before the college crap) and is going to a $50,000 a year college with no student loans.

She's going down... maybe not today, or tomorrow, but it's going to happen.

Willow2010's picture

I wanna know what the heck these people are selling that pulls in 12-15 grand a month.

Tuff Noogies's picture

exactly, willow!!! i'd love an extra grand a month, 12-15 would be an absolute dream!!!!

dood's picture

Thanks, Nunya... Yeah, you're right about that back lash situation... as many have pointed out. I'm not that naive to think that if whatever happens, happens, it will die right there... but it will be a well thought out and calculated undertaking. I'm patient ... if this is something that happens 4 years from now or in the next 4 hours. I'm not that impulsive and will go in with a full awareness.

dood's picture

I'm in a comparable more decent situation, I think. I personally have never had any contact in any way with the Bowel Movement, never spoken to, never saw, none of that. About a year or so ago, I set the record straight with my SO for what was going to be the last time about this nut job regardless of how that panned out with SO = No Contact Period Dot. She's been blocked on all fronts since then and there is zero communication with her to my SO. He told her only in the case of a catastrophe (then he defined that... death, near death, etc). We adhere to the visitation schedule, about as well as she does (EOWE when convenient for her, and we reciprocate in kind). That's the extent of it (for now anyway). It's antiseptic. Hoping that continues... but so far, she's been the envok-er, and SO had been the whipping post. Now that he's not her whipping post, she's (seemingly) gone away.

dood's picture

Welp... this one has a ginormous family, and as I understand it only one sibling has anything to do with her... We were advised last year that she had to "hire" someone to help handle it all. I'd bet my last dime that there's nothing proper about that employment arrangement either.

She might think it's a result of SO, but ultimately she's screwed so many people she might have a tough time choosing who it might be... with good reason.

dood's picture

Ahh skids, gotta love 'em... blech.

Yeah, that's the place that the karma bus is going... pretty sure not to us.