You are here

DRAMA! So sick of it!

YellowBelly's picture

Oh boy, such a long story but I don't have the energy to run through it all. Basically we have come to realize that SD8 is lying to both her dad and her mom. She tells her mom she wants to live with her and is scared of her dad getting upset but than tells us the same thing about her mom and that she wants to live with us. She is a habitual liar at 8 years old. So this court thing has been going on for a year. BF has full custody.

I am so sick of this kid lying and feel like I need to back off since her mom will accuse anyone of anything. She calls the cops a few times a week for whatever reason against us. BF was running late to drop her off for mom's weekend (about 15 minuets) and she called the cops. The cops told her today after she called again for another retarded reason that if she keeps calling over these things she will get into legal trouble.

I feel like I cannot have a relationship with this child because she lies all of the time and I don't want to be falsely accused of something. BF gets upset because he does not want her to feel singled out from my 3 kids but I am scared to death of this kid and what comes out of her mouth.

Any thoughts?

jumanji's picture

Poor kid - she likely feels stuck between Mom & Dad, and doesn't want to hurt either of them. That's not really lying.

Why are either of them entertaining her comments on where she wants to live? She's 8. She should simply be told that Mom & Dad both love her and want what's best for her. It's an adult issue, and the adults will sort it out.

SMof2Girls's picture

I absolutely agree. Our SD7 does something similar .. but it's because BM FEEDS it to her. BM tells her that in a few years, she'll be able to pick who she wants to live with, so she needs to start thinking about it now.

Talk about stressing out a 7yo!

hammie's picture

Children will play parents against each other, my siblings and i did it during out parents divorce. There was also intense pas from both sides as well. As far as the cops, be cautious, but try redirecting skid by making her feel comfortable to tell the truth. My stepmom was slightly biased but gave us a mostly neutral party to talk to.

YellowBelly's picture

Thanks for the comments. SD8 does LIE horribly. She tells us her mom does not feed her and then tells her mom we do not feed her. This is just one little example, the lies get worse. I am totally detaching from this kid because I am afraid what will come out of her mouth next. I only wish she lived with her mother!!!!