You are here

Everyone PLEASE!!!!

simply_monica's picture

Hi,
My name is Monica. I am 24 years old, I am a step mom to 2 beautiful boys and I have an amazing husband. Although, I have no children of my own, I do plan on it in the future. I am posting this not only here but on facebook and in every other outlet possible. This year I lost my grandmother to leukemia. I lost my father to lung cancer 3 years ago, and my mom (beyond awesome she is my hero), survived cancer TWICE. I became active with cancer awareness at a young age. When I was 6 years old, I would be there with my mom to console her after treatments when I got a big blow. My best friend and neighbor was diagnosed with cancer. He was six years old. I remember visiting him everyday, watching him on his good days and bad. For six years old, he was fierce and witty. I thank God, my mom went into remission when I was 7 years old. Not knowing how cancer worked, I expected to Junior (that's his nickname) to also get better. I went everyday after school, some days he was in the hospital, which always worried me the most. When I finally did see him, it would light up my world. On one of my trips to visit, his mom greeted me, during the night, he had quietly gone away to be with the angels. I will not lie, I was angry with him. He was my best friend. We lived so close to each other, I could poke his window with a broom. We were raised together since we were babes and now he was gone. I wasn't allowed to go to his funeral. My mom thought it would be too much for me. He was 12 days shy of being 9.
I am 24 years old now, I miss him still. I wonder every day what he would be like, what he would become. When I think of him, I remember him sitting in the driveway on a chair just enjoying the sun. I kick myself everyday because I just waved to him. I didn't stop over to talk to him.
Now this morning, I read about this man. He isn't a step dad. He is the father of 3 gorgeous kids, the youngest is 1. He is being denied a life saving drug.

He is a husband, father, brother, son, uncle, best friend, and much more. He has been given 3-6 months to live. How horrible it would be that his youngest baby would have no memories of him. I thank God for those fleeting memories I have. Please, please, please, take a moment today and sign this petition to grant him access life saving drug. Let's bless this family with more precious moments. I can't imagine ever leaving my family behind, the immense guilt would be overwhelming.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Sorry it is soo long, it just feels so good to talk about this and I truly hope my experience can touch your heart enough to try to help this other family.

To Whom it may concern:
Will you please post this? This man is being denied a life saving drug. If he doesn't receive it in 3-6 months, 3 beautiful children will be saying good bye to their daddy. The youngest is just a year old. I am not a scam, I am not trying to do anything but possibly get this family the signatures they need to possibly need to keep their family.

https://www.change.org/petitions/merck-bms-save-locky-s-dad-provide-nick...