You are here

Help with car seat issues

whitewolf87's picture

Ever since my girlfriend had to junk her car, she's been using her mom's van for all her transportation needs. The thing is the darn thing comes with an already built in car seat for her son. Guess where she put her old car seat? In the back of my truck, so I can pick up her son from day care whenever she needs me to. Great, isn't it? Not really.

How can I explain to her, without hurting her, that I don't want the thing in the back of my truck? I'm getting sick of looking at it every time I get in and frankly It's starting to piss off my parents.

Any ideas?

zaniness's picture

The guys where pretty harsh - it's obvious they do not understand a woman's need. What you are doing for your girlfriend is pretty awesome - but consider that you can even talk to her! Why don't you do that? Isn't she the understanding type? If you tell her the truth you can manage to solve the problem together. Tell her that you sometimes need to use your truck, doh ! and if she wouldn't mind if you'll put it somewhere else. It's not like you are getting a roadtrek motorhomes, even though it's totally cool.
Good luck!