You are here

I DIDN'T sign up for this!!!

rollercoasterirder's picture

This past December my DH sent the ss17 to live with his mother (we live in SF, CA) (she live in Miami, Fl). Long story short, he was getting out of control and she was making it worse telling him not to listen to his father, giving him permission to do things his dad said no to -- all the way from Miami! It was out of control. Since then the boy has told his father off so many times, behaved so mean and foul, even said he was going to make MY life miserable. Little does he know he doesn't rattle me like his mother or father. Fastforward, my husband wants to go all the way to Miami for a weekend to watch him play in his soccer finals. In the meantime, I get to take care of the ss12 ss13, who are mean and anytime I try to discipline them it always blows up into some catastrophy, We've been living as a family for 8 years. I'm not sure why I'm SO PISSED that he is travelling so far to see his son play soccer. I mean -- I feel like the kid really needs to appreciate his father and he will never do that if he continues to suck up to him! What are your thoughts?

Roxyrow's picture

Teenagers say mean things they don't mean all the time from 13-21. I was the meanie to my BS and now BD. They think they know it all and still want support. They do grow out of it.