You are here

"I hate that my kids are related to SD"

OptimisticMe's picture

Just read that as part of a response to a post, and I would have to agree. I look at my inlaws and my SD and it's like they are from another planet. We are talking rotting teeth (SD gets hers fixed thanks to my insurance I carry for her...she just had fillings in SIX of her front teeth, she says due to drinking pop...I think it is due to pop AND not brushing...and DH let's her get the laughing gas at 13...really? I think she should have a consequence for being irresponsible, not get drugged up). Anyways, some have gauges, they talk and smoke like crazy, they don't see the kids having sex and smoking pot as that big of a deal, they act like white trash and think everyone owes them. My SIL just asked to borrow my vehicle to pull a trailer and drive 1200 miles...the last time she borrowed a vehicle, she kept it three months and when it broke down, she left it until it was towed...never even telling me about it so my car could have been sold at auction! And then has the balls to ask to borrow an even nicer vehicle and acts pissy when I say no? I wonder how my husband can be so "normal" coming from this family, but in reality, if he had married SD's BM, I bet he would be JUST like them! He sure did marry up!

I don't like my kids being around their cousins much, and for good reason. Thank God my genetics seem to be the ones showing in my kids...not their father's side!

Step-Volgirl's picture

I'm sure genetics gets some of the credit, but mainly, I think it's how you raise the kids that have the most impact!

PeanutandSons's picture

Yep.....tying my babies to the skids through geneticsfor the rest of their lives keep me up at night.

enblove's picture

I feel the same way about my fdh's family! He came out pretty good considering how he was raised. The second time I met his mother she flashed the neighborhood in front of me! We are young (22 and 23) But mature for that age. We have 3 kids. I have a son from that my fdh is about to adopt once we get married(his father was never around and wanted nothing to do with him, he has now passed away) we have a 1 yo daughter together and he has a 3 yo daughter. His ex is crazy, no joke, just like his mother. And they seem to think they are the best people in the world. They are two faced and hypocritical. His mother told me he would never love my son like his daughter because they are blood and blood has bond! This was before we had our daughter. He didn't get to see his daughter so he is closer to my son. But when his ex had a baby with someone else she was like "my grandbaby my grandbaby!" She nothing to do with my son or our daughter. So I asked how come you can everything to do with that baby and nothing to do with mine? I am with your son, not her. Her new child has no relation to you except he is your granddaughters brother. I could understand if they were together, but he is with me. Oh, she flipped shit. Saying how could you say that. I love him just like my own grandchild! I love every child and it may hurt his feelings that I see his sister and not him. Blood doesn't matter! blah blah blah. HA. Is it wrong of me to be upset that she has nothing to do with her sons children he has now and everything to do with his 1st daughter and his ex's new child??? Not only that but she said his daughter comes first because she was born first. If we have enough money for a meal for 1 child we aren't supposed to split it but give it all to her cause he had her first. BS in my eyes. I am so happy my daughter won't be around her, and is pretty unlike her. My sd looks just like her. If that is mean, I am sorry. People lie when they say all babies are pretty. Cause I have seen some pretty weird looking babies. My daughter constantly gets complements. We can't go on a shopping trip with out people stopping us to look at her and tell us she should be in pageants. His mother gets pissed about this. She is crazy and so is sd's bm. And they are making her a spoiled little brat that her own father doesn't want to be around. SHE IS ONLY 3! That's bad. I probably sound horrid, but its the truth. The doctor said my 1 yo is doing things a 2 year old does on the milestone chart. So i posted it on facebook how she was so smart. First reply was that me saying that makes my sd look stupid. I don't agree. She is not where she should be for a 3 yo, far behind actually. But I would never ever tell her or anyone else that, except on here and to a select few. I am not a bitch like that. Anyway, sorry I am rambling on, venting on your post. Haha. But seriously, I am glad my ds and dd will grow up in a "normal" setting and be raised well. I would be ashamed if they ever in their lives acted like my fdh's family. He upgraded too, from a drama loving hick filled family he married into to a polite sincere and caring family. He is happy now. Haha. We don't embarrass him or think its okay to flash your vagina and breasts to the world. I dress decently and keep everything covered, pretty good for compared to other 22 year olds.. His mother is 45 and dresses like a stripper. NASTY. And they are showing my sd its okay. NOT OKAY.